5 Dirtbags That Radically Advanced Your Digital Rights

HardOCP News

[H] News
Well, at least these five scumbags did something good for the world...even if it was unintentional.

The courtroom challenges they brought resulted in rulings that dramatically expanded your rights, from helping to keep your email and whereabouts private to reducing gadget searches at the U.S. border and limiting the legal definition of unlawful hacking.

Even @ssholes have rights. People get outraged about certain aspects of trials, particularly in high profile cases or cases that shock the conscience and are well publicized, but they fail to realize that the protections extended to those people are the same protections we all have, and that we would all be much worse off without. Everyone wants to be tough on crime, until you're falsely accused of something.

Was the Enzyte guy the first known case of emails being treated as real emails?

That said, I wondered what happened to those commercials, I loved them with the happy smiley guy. Although anyone who believed a pill would make their penis bigger probably does deserve to get their money taken.

Even @ssholes have rights. People get outraged about certain aspects of trials, particularly in high profile cases or cases that shock the conscience and are well publicized, but they fail to realize that the protections extended to those people are the same protections we all have, and that we would all be much worse off without. Everyone wants to be tough on crime, until you're falsely accused of something.

Would that more people would remember this when those with rights disagree with them politically. That level of "asshole" completely makes people lose interest in rights.

I read half of the article and stopped. I noticed a pattern: these criminals didn't help champion anything directly or indirectly. Judges broke existing laws and were all caught. The way it sounded like, no amount of legislation is going to change any of this. DA's are going to try anything they can to put these kind of people away and cross their fingers and hope that their lawyers aren't quick enough to catch on their improper investigative methods.

It should not require appeal review to affirm civil rights. The government should not violate them in the first place. That's the huge fail in all of this.

Even @ssholes have rights.

Correction, assholes were usually exactly who they had in mind when they came up with the "rights". If you say and do popular things, no one cares. It's the people that go against the mainstream, the trouble makers, and the minorities that need protection from the majority.

Back