Find Out If Your Password Has Been Compromised

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Necessity is the mother of invention and with all of the password heists in the last year, it’s high time a proactive solution is available to possible password theft victims. Check out Haveibeenpwned.com. :cool:

Right now, Hunt’s site offers one-box searching for five major breaches: Adobe, Gawker, Sony, Yahoo!, and Stratfor.

Looks like I'm in the green. Unless I just gave out my email addresses to a spam not, lol

That was useful. Didn't have to enter a password (whew!). Stupid Adobe! just changed that password to a new one... now to change all the sites with the same password.

er...mine was compromised by Adobe...but I'm pretty sure I've never signed up for anything involving a user account at adobe.... what site would I have done such a thing on? Dont have creative cloud...

er...mine was compromised by Adobe...but I'm pretty sure I've never signed up for anything involving a user account at adobe.... what site would I have done such a thing on? Dont have creative cloud...

If you've downloaded a trial in the last few years, you may have an account.

I have two compromised accounts from Adobe. Both of which I could careless, as they're trial accounts.

If you've downloaded a trial in the last few years, you may have an account.

I have two compromised accounts from Adobe. Both of which I could careless, as they're trial accounts.

Ta - another site showed me my password hint and now looks like I need to go do some changing :)

Looks like I was caught in the Adobe incident. Not concerned though, I switched to using randomly generated passwords nearly two years ago, and anything even remotely important has had it's password changed and/or uses 2 factor authentication.

Two of my adobe accounts were compromised, but I don't use those emails or passwords on any other sites.

Pwned by adobe. I'm slowly trying to find the websites of any importance that used that password. My email, bank, paypal accounts have always had different passwords, but I did have a few merchant sites using the adobe password.

What would be a better way to harvest e-mails for spamming than first hacking sites, then after selling the database forward pretending to be a do-good by 'letting' people type their e-mail addresses to check if their passwords were hacked.

Perhaps the information of IP address together with e-mail / password may also come in handy.

What would be a better way to harvest e-mails for spamming than first hacking sites, then after selling the database forward pretending to be a do-good by 'letting' people type their e-mail addresses to check if their passwords were hacked.

Perhaps the information of IP address together with e-mail / password may also come in handy.

Yeah, this seems like a great way to end up getting a ton of junk email.

I tried this with a brand new email address then couple hours later, get an email from redox jerky... coincidence?

It's weird... said adobe for one of my emails but when I go to adobe, they said there is no account there associated with that email. So they basically just got my email address and that's it?

Heh, where's that 'double pwned' meme now that I need it? :D

Duh Oh no — pwned on 1 site! Gawker, I don't remember what Gawker is anyway.

Same here, but I don't ever remember signing up for adobe.

This is just checking your email against their lists. I've changed my adobe password since the attack and it says that I'm pwned.

ADOBE!!!! Only used for trial downloads, thank god, and my parents ask why I provide fake personal information whenever possible.

Back