First Woman Appointed To Twitter Board

HardOCP News

[H] News
Twitter finally has its first female board member. Good job joining the 21st century guys!

Ever since Twitter first announced its intent to go public and subsequently filed an S-1 form with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, one sticking point has been increasingly controversial. That is the lack of female leadership at the company -- namely on Twitter's board of directors. The San Francisco-headquartered company is hoping to calm down some of those critics, even just for a short while, with its latest appointment.

Shouldn't have to hire someone that falls into a specific category if you already have people that have filled the same position with the appropriate skill set. The idea of being forced to appoint a female, male, black, hispanic, asian, whaetevr board member is archaic and idiotic.

Does this person actually have the necessary qualifications for the position, or is she just the token woman who might as well not even be there?

Same reason skin color matters it makes that group feel all warm and fuzzy

Ah, that's right. I forgot.

Old: I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

New: Fuck the content of your character, it's all about what makes you a "minority".

Is she has the qualifications great, if not she shouldn't be there. Who cares if the board was all women if they can run the company?

Shouldn't have to hire someone that falls into a specific category if you already have people that have filled the same position with the appropriate skill set. The idea of being forced to appoint a female, male, black, hispanic, asian, whaetevr board member is archaic and idiotic.

Does this person actually have the necessary qualifications for the position, or is she just the token woman who might as well not even be there?

You can't even have a token woman any longer. Unless a company has 50% or more women in the right places, it becomes discrimination in the eyes of the perpetual victims.

I still find it hilarious that the people who complain the loudest about discrimination are often the same people who turn around and do it themselves.

Guess twitter is going down the (fallopian) tubes...

Gee that's special, a two decade member of that exclusive little power brokering business club gets a posh job. It must be different because she's a woman though, yet it's not, it's still that same little group of "tycoons" doing the rounds of tech companies and failing their way to wealth and prosperity. The bright lights from Nokia are showing up everywhere in happy, fat little positions with their luggage full of golden handshakes.

I'd love to pretend it's all about her being a woman with you guys, but this is way more disgusting than padding gender equity numbers.

Why does the genitalia of your board members matter?

Unfortunately people want to see their race/gender/sexual preferences/religion in the good ol' boys club. Eventually companies will be using a pansexual black female muslim as PR material for "look at this new executive/board member!".

Complaining about a lack of females in certain positions is actually sexist. Chances they had previously received applications from females more qualified than the males they actually ended up hiring? Low.

Back