Phanteks Enthoo Primo Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
Benchmark Reviews has the Phanteks Enthoo Primo case on the test bench today for a little review action.

Enter the Enthoo Primo, A premium full-tower aluminum body case with numerous new features and great compatibility for water-cooling hardware. Phanteks is among the best manufacturers of computer case fans and CPU heatsinks, so one would expect that their genius in cooling innovation would carry over to the Enthoo Primo. It is quite clear that Phankteks aims to make a statement with this new case; It will be competing head on with the already established high-end full-tower cases.

I would like to prelude this by saying that I own this case.

this case has been out for a bit now, and with pre-releases for reviews, reviews have been out even longer. but still pertinent and a great case.

Anyway, the modability of this case is wonderful. I cut out 4 holes on the right side panel and cut the radiator bracket there in half to house a THIRD 480mm radiator. My only gripe is that my black ice GTX 480 did NOT fit stock in the bottom, but a few hours with my step bit fixed that. there is also the possibility to mount every single freaking radiator as push-pull, which I have done, and still have perfect RAM clearance for tall sticks on my ASUS Rampage IV Extreme. The SSD brackets are great too if you don't need 3.5" drives and can hide all your drives as such in the back. the fan controller is a nice feature, although I haven't gotten around to thoroughly testing it out, and apparently only *some* of the 6 fan ports on it can actually be split into two fans (this is only a minor detraction, i should add)

The case is also really strong, and you have some other options to make it stronger, such as adding radiators to keep it from bending side to side and the fat thing on the left side that keep it from bending top-down, which I cut in half so that I could still use my bottom 480mm black ice gtx. the case in the box had no trouble dealing with rough-tossing from airport workers, and I had it sent literally across the pacific ocean (that was ridiculously expensive!)

I hope that once I get a monitor I can post some pics, give advice to anyone else who wants to mod this beast and show off my full watercooling rig :)

I have this one as well, very nice case to be sure. Mine had some shipping damage, the I/O plate area was bowed out so I had to manhandle it a little to get it back in line, and it tends to pop/creak sometimes when its just sitting by itself (I've seen reports of this in the owners club on OCN as well). Other than that I have no issues with it, a very smart and well though out case. I really like the PWM to Voltage fan control block in particular.

I have water parts to assemble over the long weekend, I'm only using two of the UT60 360mm radiators myself but they will fit in push/pull with no problems it looks like, can't wait to get working on it. I already bought some custom LED strips and soldered connectors on to change the case lights from blue to red.

Word to the wise, this thing is gigantic. If you've seen a 900D in person this is about the same size, its absolutely massive.

I used one of these for a PC build I was doing for a friend. Mine arrived with a moderate amount of shipping damage - the top and the front panels had all their snap connectors broken. I emailed Phanteks and they sent me replacements after I mailed in the broken parts. Process took about a month to resolve the issue.

I really liked the fans. Wasn't a fan of the smoked dark plexi - it was blurry.

I do like how large it is, I always go large on my builds.

I just got this case as well. I absolutely love it!! Mine came with the broken snap clips as well.

Back