Robots Are Going To Kill Us All!

Phew! At least it failed on the last step... this means if I have at least 10 obstacles in my anti-robot defense, I will be fine.

It's a tragic thing... I don't think it'll make it to the country buffets 6am early bird special :(

I'll be impressed when I see it tip toe. That was a rapid feedback disaster.

I hope then never take a page from the Warhammer 40K book because they could save so much engineering development by just harnessing human bodies. All the mechanics are in place, all they need to do is replace the human brain with a robot brain and figure out how to drive the flesh which they have made great strides in doing. I figure several years of biofeedback work will get it done.

I hope then never take a page from the Warhammer 40K book because they could save so much engineering development by just harnessing human bodies. All the mechanics are in place, all they need to do is replace the human brain with a robot brain and figure out how to drive the flesh which they have made great strides in doing. I figure several years of biofeedback work will get it done.

The Flesh is Weak!
--Iron Hands

It needs to avoid stepping on stuff and try to step around it or over it.

Maybe they already got that part licked and just need to get this part down because sometimes there is no good place to step and it's going to have to handle the worst.

Help, My robot has fallen and can't get up ! :cool:

I agree. I would be way more impressed if it avoided the obstacles instead of trying to retain balance after stepping on an unstable object.

Until they come up with a nuclear batteries, these robots will always be limited by the length of thier extention cords, so you'll just need to keep a couple hundered feet way from them :)

So it will gingerly step over the baby....to shoot you in the face.

but seriously, Steve needs a weekly "Robots are gonna kill us all" column, or am I just missing his newsletters?

I'm picturing the downfall of ED-209.

So long as we're willing to take the stairs our species is safe from robots.

You'll just get mugged, stabbed, and shot in the stair well by your fellow humans instead,

Back