SHIELD Grabs Popular Science’s “Best of What’s New” Award

HardOCP News

[H] News
NVIDIA SHIELD gaming portable just won Popular Science’s 2013 “Best of What’s New” award in the entertainment category. SHIELD, of course, has been grabbing awards since it was first unveiled less than a year ago at the Consumer Electronics Show, in Las Vegas. But this award is something special.

Each year, the editors of Popular Science review thousands of products in search of the top 100 tech innovations of the year for inclusion in their December issue. These are breakthrough products and technologies that represent a significant leap in their categories. “Each winner is handpicked and revolutionary in its own way,” said Popular Science Executive Editor Cliff Ransom. “Whether they’re poised to change the world or simply your living room, the Best of What’s New awardees challenge us to the see the future in a new light.”

I agree. With over 500 PC games on my Steam account and 1000's of PC games in general I want this device badly. Too expensive though. Will wait for version 2.0.

there was something really satisfying playing Defense Grid while watching the Ranger game...glad I bought it :cool:

the only requirements to be on this list are 1) new and 2) cool. don't place more weight on this than that.

all that said, I think shield is pretty cool.

I agree. With over 500 PC games on my Steam account and 1000's of PC games in general I want this device badly. Too expensive though. Will wait for version 2.0.

because tegra 5 and a better screen cost less money than tegra 4 and a worse screen? internet forum logic.

I just want gamestream, they need to port that to other Tegra devices like tablets, stop hogging the goods SHIELD!

Back