13-Way AMD GPU Linux Driver Comparison

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew over at Phoronix are at it again with another huge AMD GPU Linux driver comparison that features more than a dozen Radeon video cards.

For your viewing pleasure today is a 13-way AMD Radeon graphics card comparison when testing out the open-source Radeon Gallium3D drivers on the wide spectrum of ATI/AMD GPUs while looking at the performance for Valve's Source Engine with Counter-Strike: Source and Team Fortress 2. Given the imminent arrival of Steam Machines and SteamOS to push Linux gaming into its long-awaited spotlight, is AMD's open-source Linux graphics driver capable of delivering a reasonable level of performance?"

That sounds like an awful lot of work. I mean, I've been involved in a couple "Three-Ways" in the past, but a "Baker's Dozen-Way" sounds like far more trouble than it could ever be worth.

:D

Sorry. No one had commented yet, and I always feel bad for posts that don't get at least one person replying to it. Regardless of how irrelevant that comment might be.

Why oh, why?

The newest card there is a 6950, and *gasp* it's faster than a 5830 and 5770 and even the 4890!

By page three it wasn't looking good, I gave up reading after that.

Why do people put themselves through such pain.

Back