PS4 Voice Commands Limited At Launch

HardOCP News

[H] News
Sony says that voice commands for the PS4 will be limited at launch. Not really a big deal considering the PS4 doesn't center around voice commands and doesn't ship with the PlayStation camera anyway.

You can't "wake up" the PlayStation 4 using a voice command. Nor can you tell a video to pause. However, you can turn the PS4 off using your voice, and start games. During an event in New York, Sony told Engadget it plans to add Kinect-style functionality to the PS4 over time, rather than have it available at launch.

If they hadn't concentrated on games so much this shit would be working.

Get your shit together Sony!

Still wont be able to track you like the kinect could anyways, kinect not only picks up voice commands but where they are coming from. Which is why that whole musing over shouting "xbox xxx" wont actually work unless you're playing the game. All that creepy tracking shit has a purpose.

Still wont be able to track you like the kinect could anyways, kinect not only picks up voice commands but where they are coming from. Which is why that whole musing over shouting "xbox xxx" wont actually work unless you're playing the game. All that creepy tracking shit has a purpose.

wow,lol

Only the tech industry does it become acceptable on such a large scale to ship and sell incomplete products. I can't fathom why people early adopt stuff that doesn't function to full potential. Consumers have all become beta testers and don't challenge it.

It's a low priority. If someone wants voice commands they'll buy an Xbox One. If someone wants an awesome and powerful gaming system they'll buy PS4.

If I were to buy a console, the only thing I would want it to do is play games. Everything else is just fluff and bs.

so...is...the...kinect...nevermind not going to bother

Oh I'm sorry, did I make mention of the kinect in my statement somewhere? No? then what are you bothering about? I am well aware the kinect is optional "Now". Unlike some people around this forum, my standards don't change between companies. I was utterly opposed to the XB1 in its announced for, I now have zero issue with it. Stop looking to create issues where there are none.

^ PS3 plus (aka PS4).

I'm sure I wrote PS3+ but the + went missing :/

Back