Get It Done Day And Office 365 Help Balance Life’s Demands

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft Corp. is declaring Nov. 7 Get It Done Day, to spark action for people who seek to balance life’s demands on their own terms. From the streets of New York to Paris, Canada to Mexico, Asia to Australia, and online at http://office.com/getitdone and #GetItDone, Microsoft is empowering people everywhere to share their story and inspire others to express how technology helps them get the things they care about — from work to home — done from anywhere. Survey finds that more than half of U.S. office workers would be willing to work more hours — and one in five would even take a pay cut — to have more flexibility to get work done.

Indeed however this flexibility often gets abused to where all get punished.

What crock of shit from some marketing woman's desk is this drivel

...Survey finds that more than half of U.S. office workers would be willing to work more hours — and one in five would even take a pay cut — to have more flexibility to get work done.

What?? It must be past my bedtime because this seems to make little sense....

Work more hours, take a pay cut, so that I can have flexibility to work more for less? WHAT?

:confused:

I'm going to bed now.

Work more hours, take a pay cut, so that I can have flexibility to work more for less?

Sounds like the creed of every multi-billion dollar corporation.

Hell, if they could pay every non-executive position for minimum wage or less in a US corporation, they would do so in a heartbeat.

This drivel sounds like some kind of bullshit that the corporations want to pass along to the serfs and peasants to make us think it's alright to work more for less pay.

That's some of the most retarded shit I've ever read. More proof that MS is completely out of touch :rolleyes:

What?? It must be past my bedtime because this seems to make little sense....

Work more hours, take a pay cut, so that I can have flexibility to work more for less? WHAT?

:confused:

I'm going to bed now.

Well... I sorta fall into this. I work more than 8 hours since my work is flexible with my time and doesn't say "you have to be on the clock at 8 AM" and allows telecommuting 3 days a week. I'm not a morning person, more like a "night owl". That doesn't work for a lot of businesses which seem to unable to find ways to work with employee's personalities.

So, my average work from home day is sleep until almost 8 AM, stumble into my office to connect via VPN, grab some coffee to start waking up. My first hour or 2 are generally pretty unproductive. Then things get going and I usually end up not signing off until about 6 PM, then connecting back around 10 PM after the kids are asleep and working until about 1 AM. So, about 9-10 hours a day, and that is taking out the 2 slow hours in the morning (and generally working through lunch since I can raid the fridge and eat leftovers while working).

VS my "at work" days where I have a 1.5 hour commute both ways, so I don't even get into the office until 9 - 9:30 (wake up at 6:00 AM to get ready and leave) and leave work at 5:30. By the time I get home around 7'ish (1 less hour to spend with the family than if I was working from home), traffic stress and constant interruptions at work have me weary and my mind isn't still working on projects/issues from work since I never really got in a "groove". I'm ready to crash by 10 PM. So they only really got about 7 hours of work from me those days since I have to get out of the office and away from all the politics/socialization/minute crap that always occurs in an office environment.

From the article...
I'm part of the percentage that has worked while on vacation (heck, even the day my first child was born)
I'm part of the percentage that has worked during a kids activity (usually just responding to emails)
Definitely part of the percentage that has worked while watching TV
I'm part of the percentage that has worked while in bed
Heck, if I had mass transit options I'd do that in the heartbeat, but out here in the midwest that isn't an option. Does taking conference calls while driving count? If so, count me in there also!

Now.. as for a pay cut... that's crazy!!! I work for my money, just happen to enjoy it most of the time also ;)

Back