Google's Statement On Floating Barges

HardOCP News

[H] News
After a few weeks of media speculation, Google has finally commented on those mysterious floating barges. Here's what the company had to say:

Google Barge … A floating data center? A wild party boat? A barge housing the last remaining dinosaur? Sadly, none of the above. Although it’s still early days and things may change, we’re exploring using the barge as an interactive space where people can learn about new technology.

the first thing i thought when i started hearing about this stuff, i remembered how data centers off shore were technically in international waters and thus, you could get away with more stuff.

thats what i thought google was up to - being able to get away with more stuff, because techincally their stuff or whatever they were up to, wasnt in the US, nor in any country really.

Im guessing Google is drumming up the rumor circles for these barges lol

Visitors will be taken 12 miles off the coast, into international waters, and then injected with an experimental immortality virus. In the event they turn into zombies, they will be contained as we all know zombies can't swim. But, hey, if it works they get free immortality at the cost of an eternity of using Google products for everything.

It's holding the alien technology they stole to make Google so successful.

Wasn't there a sci-fi film where a company claimed so-and-so "vessel" was an interactive entertainment space for people to experience and they ended up being mindless slaves or recycled into food stuff?

Hmm, maybe I was wrong...

That excuse is a load of BS. Seriously. All the cloak and dagger secrecy and it's simply a Discovery-Museum on water for geeks? I don't buy it.

It's probably a joint-operation with the CIA and NSA. They can eavesdrop even more with the barge, plus it provides the CIA with a blacksite for torturing. *writes Hollywood blockbuster script*

Didn't google put out a diagram postulating that they could use the ocean water as coolant for massive datacenters located on ships?

Back