Tesla Stock Finally Disappoints

HardOCP News

[H] News
I guess it was about time for this to happen. It probably doesn't help to have Tesla's CEO say "the market is being very generous" when speaking about the company's stock valuation. :eek:

Not even promises of its first deliveries to the Chinese market suffice as a weaker-than-expected outlook following Tesla's third-quarter earnings leads to a speculator stampede for the exits.

Hrm, first deliveries to the Chinese market.... If it was worth it wouldn't it catch on in a first world market first?

Bought put options a few weeks ago knowing something like this was inevitable when they were so highly overvalued.

Thanks, greedy bubble chasers. Taking dumb money is so much easier than working.

There has to be a reason for this. It just sounds very intentional to tank your own stock when it's doing well. Wish I know what is going through his mind and what he knows behind the scenes.

Anyways this is the second time recently. The first one was Netflix. Hastings mentioned the market is too exuberant on Netflix and it's not healthy for stock to continue this way. Guess what? The stock went from up 34 to down 33, 67 points swing in a day. Crazy.

Has it tanked? Its still $170+ right now. Sure its not the highs it was a month ago or so... but it was $160 like a week ago.

Hrm, first deliveries to the Chinese market.... If it was worth it wouldn't it catch on in a first world market first?
Not really rich Chinese buy more expensive cars more often. Without China companies like Bentley really wouldn't be working...

The stock is volatile but what stock isnt volatile for companies similar to Tesla. They need a bigger factory and output. If they can convince China, which btw is a HUGE MARKET which almost all luxury, super and hyper car makers depend on these days (America is a market, but its plays third fiddle to China and the middle east) and their buyers to buy into Tesla, then im pretty sure Tesla will cement their future.

Has it tanked? Its still $170+ right now. Sure its not the highs it was a month ago or so... but it was $160 like a week ago.
Sorry, just realized what I wrote was not clear. Both stocks are still doing well. What I meant was on earnings day both CEOs made strongly negative remarks and for Netflix it completely altered the direction of the stock.

"First world" is an outdated concept. The cold war ended almost 25 years ago. If there is a second world, China is it.

If we were to recycle cold war descriptions, Im pretty sure the car buyer world of china is considered First world. Ferrari for instance dedicates entire limited edition models of their hypercars to China. The last time I heard anything like that happen to American Hypercar buyers was.......never lol Their appetite for luxury vehicles is unheard of, and companies like MB and BMW prioritize production allocations for their Chinese buyers over American buyers LOL. Thats saying something right there

Back