NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Price $699

HardOCP News

[H] News
We just heard from an anonymous source that NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 780 Ti with be $699 when it launches. According to our source, the GTX 780 Ti will feature 3GB memory, 2880 shaders, less than 950 boost clock. We will give you more information as it comes available. So there it is, what are your thoughts?

wow full on GK110
should be fun to see how it overclocks
was not expecting that i had it pegged with one less shader group then the Titan with a higher clock speed

Way to expensive for me for a single card. But it will be fun to see how it performs against non reference 290x's once they start to show up. The 3GB of memory is a let down for a halo card though.

so about 7% more shader power than a titan clocked 10% higher but half the memory.

Should be interesting at least :) power consumption is going to be interesting too compared with the 290x.

only 3GB of VRAM again??...only place Nvidia is seriously lacking behind AMD

I don't see this card being much faster than a 780/Titan or being worth it $699.00 . They should of dropped the 780 , brought the 780 ti to the shelves at $550 . Nvidia want's to see if to the bitter end they can make chumps of they're fans

you know i wonder if the power use had any thing to do with it?
who wants to bet NV had ver that had less shaders and higher clocks and one with the full chip and slightly slower clocks
and was waiting to see what the power use was like on the 290x....

I don't see this card being much faster than a 780/Titan or being worth it $699.00 . They should of dropped the 780 , brought the 780 ti to the shelves at $550 . Nvidia want's to see if to the bitter end they can make chumps of they're fans

I can see the classified/Hof version of this card oc'ed to 1200 smokin those two.

So as someone who has no idea what any of these numbers mean - how much faster is the Ti expected to be? I was just about to bite on an MSI GTX 780 Lightning.

So as someone who has no idea what any of these numbers mean - how much faster is the Ti expected to be? I was just about to bite on an MSI GTX 780 Lightning.

It is speculation at this point, but I would estimate it will be around 20% faster than a standard 780, but at $200+ more I do not think it will be a good value at all. I personally think the $525 for a MSI GTX 780 Lightning is a great deal, as a matter of fact I just ordered one as I planning on waiting for the 290 (non X), but figured that the Nvidia gaming bundle, great OC ability of the Lightning card and efficient cooler was enough incentive to purchase now even though I figure the 290 will perform about the same and come in a bit cheaper.

But is the DP performance extra crippled like the 780? Scientific minds (and DC's) want to know!

But is the DP performance extra crippled like the 780? Scientific minds (and DC's) want to know!

some people say it will come with less FP64 and more FP32 than Titan.. but ATM its impossible to know until the launch of the Card.

Would this be a good upgrade from a 4GB 680? I play on 2560x1440

So there it is, what are your thoughts?
Well, you asked. So, with apologies if this is harsh, my "thoughts" are that nvidia officially announced the price as $799 five days ago. So I'm not sure why your source needs to be "anonymous" about the price or why this bit of news is being treated so hush hush.

The leaked specs are appreciated. But the emphasis (and the headline) seem to be more fucused on the price as some big scoop.

Well, you asked. So, with apologies if this is harsh, my "thoughts" are that nvidia officially announced the price as $799 five days ago. So I'm not sure why your source needs to be "anonymous" about the price or why this bit of news is being treated so hush hush.

The leaked specs are appreciated. But the emphasis (and the headline) seem to be more fucused on the price as some big scoop.

mostly because [H] is under NDA they can't put names on anything, they can't say any of the information they posted came from them nor who it came from.. stupid legality BS of NDA's even if Nvidia already announced it themselves.

Back in my day we had 512K and never even came close to running low. Dag gummit!

I'll stick with my 4GB 680 Classified SLI. BF4 @ 1920x1200 ultra uses almost 3GB at 100% textures, I run it at 125%(150% gives not enough fps at least in mp)

6GB on titans is not overkill if you use Titan for what it was made for, triple display and 4k gaming

I'll stick with my 4GB 680 Classified SLI. BF4 @ 1920x1200 ultra uses almost 3GB at 100% textures, I run it at 125%(150% gives not enough fps at least in mp)

6GB on titans is not overkill if you use Titan for what it was made for, triple display and 4k gaming

1200p does not use 3gb. I'm guessing the card probably allocate a lot of vram because you have 4gb. 1080p uses 1.6gb at ultra with 4x aa.

mostly because [H] is under NDA they can't put names on anything, they can't say any of the information they posted came from them nor who it came from.. stupid legality BS of NDA's even if Nvidia already announced it themselves.
The point was that if they're going to report the news to us five days late, they shouldn't pretend that it's some exclusive gossip from an anonymous source when it is in fact public knowledge contained in a (old) press release.

Again, I realize that may sound harsh. But I honestly intend it as constructive feedback about the front page news postings.

I run 3 displays and I have on a few occasions used more than 3gb of VRAM. I am considering 4k within the next couple of months so 6gb cards are what I would want. Sure 6gb is over kill but it appears that nvidia won't offer anything less. 4gb is a sweet spot IMO but I won't go back to AMD so bring on the 780ti ghz.

lol man, that joke just went over everybody's head in this thread :D

I was just thinking about the 20 MB (wrong on size, but it was small) hard drive that they were unloading from a plane in the 60's. Then, I thought that the Titanic would still be too small for 6 GB...

Out of my price range, but sounds like a great card. I need an upgrade from my AMD 7770, so hopefully these high end cards push some of the mid-range prices down a bit. I'm paying $250-$300 regardless and would like to get the most card for my money. I don't play higher than 1080P right now, at least until I upgrade my monitor (hopefully with 3 27-30" ones).

Titanic aside, LOL. I would rather have more VRam than less which is what some people are running up against with 3GB. I do compute work other then gaming, and 6gb helps me a great deal when I am dealing with hi-res textures in photoshop and After Effects.

2880 cuda cores is a 25% increase, will be interesting to see the performance compared to a 780 as well as to titan. Ram is 16% faster too, nice. But I would have liked a 4gb card, then I would feel like it's upgrade time again.

If I had to guess, one or 2 of the manufacturers will make a card with 4gb or more vram.

Most reviews claim the 6GB on the Titanic are overkill anyway. no benefit.

LoL....and look what happened to the Titanic!!!:eek::eek:

It would have been good to slap 4GB on there to directly stare down the 290X......and make the price about 100 dollars less. $599 would have made this whole deal very, very interesting.
As it stands, 699 is just way too much.

The point was that if they're going to report the news to us five days late, they shouldn't pretend that it's some exclusive gossip from an anonymous source when it is in fact public knowledge contained in a (old) press release.

Again, I realize that may sound harsh. But I honestly intend it as constructive feedback about the front page news postings.

It could possibly be a quick reaction to the latest 290X xfire numbers and seeing the performance per dollar, compared to the original Ti price announcement. $1,600 dollars is a lot to swallow for sli and only 3GB per card, hech $1,400 is a lot! Of course that has nothing on sli Titan's! :) I think AMD really threw a monkey wrench into the mix with its aggressive pricing.

It would have been good to slap 4GB on there to directly stare down the 290X......and make the price about 100 dollars less. $599 would have made this whole deal very, very interesting.
As it stands, 699 is just way too much.

The problem is they are using a 384bit bus, so it had to either 3gb or 6gb. They couldn't put 4gb on it without losing performance.

Fuck yeah! Good to see that nVidia is back!

I'm not going to drop the Titans of course, no reason. Hopefully Maxwell will keep the performance and price trend for my next build.

Fuck yeah! Good to see that nVidia is back!

I'm not going to drop the Titans of course, no reason. Hopefully Maxwell will keep the performance and price trend for my next build.

LOL if you've read some of the "latest" Maxwell rumors, they're talking the 880 having 6,000+ shaders and the 870 having like 3,300 shaders. I don't even think 20nm could do that especially with Maxwell supposedly having 2 ARM cores for the low-end models, 4 for the mainstream and 8 for the high-end.

I think we're now approaching the end of the shader wars. We're seeing less and less gains from adding hundreds of them as seen from the GTX 680 > GTX 780 > Titan. But the numbers do look pretty. So long as Maxwell is 20nm it should be one for the record books. :D

LOL if you've read some of the "latest" Maxwell rumors, they're talking the 880 having 6,000+ shaders and the 870 having like 3,300 shaders. I don't even think 20nm could do that especially with Maxwell supposedly having 2 ARM cores for the low-end models, 4 for the mainstream and 8 for the high-end.

I think we're now approaching the end of the shader wars. We're seeing less and less gains from adding hundreds of them as seen from the GTX 680 > GTX 780 > Titan. But the numbers do look pretty. So long as Maxwell is 20nm it should be one for the record books. :D

the ARM cores are on a 2nd chip on the board not part of the GPU core

Back