No One Interested In The Twitter IPO?

HardOCP News

[H] News
No one reads articles about Twitter? I have a great idea, let's post more Twitter articles about no one reading Twitter articles to see if that helps! ;)

For example, this past week Twitter set the offering range for its IPO—big news that set our CNBC newsroom a-buzzing. In the end, though, that story didn't even bust our Top 10 for the day. Heck, even when we made it the featured story on the website, the best popularity rank it could sustain was third place, briefly. It went straight to 15th within the hour.

I don't use the twitter, but if they unveil some advertising method or a way of generating revenue, I could see this being like the facebook IPO, with it opening, going way down, then going up and plateauing well above the opening price. Or it may just tank until they figure out a way to make money.

how does twitter even make money?

Unless I'm mistaken, they don't.

I believe their real proficiency is in losing money.

Fortunately products and services don't need to actually make any sort of money these days. Business fundamentals are so last millennium, media buzz is all you need!

Fortunately products and services don't need to actually make any sort of money these days. Business fundamentals are so last millennium, media buzz is all you need!

that would be why no one wants to buy stock lol

The real money to be made is to buy the stock of the company that snatches them up when they go under financially.

Twitter will just proliferate the current Wall Street game.

The game amounts roughly to - institutional investors pump money in to raise the stock, stupid hobbyist investors with some money to put into a stock join in, institutional investors sell off their shares once the stupid hobbyists join in, hobbyists lose lots of money. Sucker and their money, parted. Saw it happen with the Facebook IPO and laughed while it happened.

I don't know why there is so much hate for Twitter. Purely as a social network, I'll admit that I don't get it. But I visit Twitter almost everyday because it's the best news aggregation I've ever experienced.

I think investors are finally no longer techcrazy. It started with the Facebook IPO, which claimed a revenue stream that no one could believe and now Twitter comes along with no revenue and investors can't fathom what they will do to capitalise off Twitter subscribers. In the end people usually only buy stock, when they expect a return, then again shorting is always a possibility.

I don't know why there is so much hate for Twitter. Purely as a social network, I'll admit that I don't get it. But I visit Twitter almost everyday because it's the best news aggregation I've ever experienced.

You clearly dont get it.
This is a discussion of the IPO where you have to consider if the company is a worthwhile investment.
It has been valued at a very high amount despite never turning a profit and they want to sell shares.

Do you really think that its hateful for people to not want to invest in a company that is losing money?

They sell advertising. Just like google.

When it comes to the internet, if it's not subscription based, it's selling information and advertising. It wouldn't be running now if it wasn't making money.

This is going to be nothing more than a pump and dump. You will see the price rise shortly after open, then plummet mid day, and close out somewhere below the open. In the mean time millions upon millions will be made by investment bankers short selling the shit out of it as suckers buy it in droves.

Back