Big Price Cuts for GeForce GTX 780 & 770 Tomorrow, GTX 780 Ti Coming 11-7

HardOCP News

[H] News
NVIDIA sends word that, starting tomorrow, the price of the GTX 780 will be $499 and GTX 770 will be $329. The company also says the recently announced GeForce GTX 780 Ti will hit the shelves on November 7th with a suggested retail price of $699. The GeForce GTX 780 Ti will also be a part of NVIDIA's “The Way It’s Meant to Be Played Holiday Bundle with SHIELD” promotion:

• Purchase a GTX 780 Ti/780/770 and receive a free copy of Batman: Arkham Origins, Splinter Cell: Blacklist and Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, plus $100 off a SHIELD purchase.
  • Purchase a GTX 760/660 and receive Splinter Cell: Blacklist and Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, plus $50 off a SHIELD purchase.

This is why competition is good, customer wins. Kinda kicking myself for paying $650 for my 780 GTX and getting no games too. Guess it's worth it to wait a little bit after a card launches.

Go Nvidia!
Go AMD!

Not liking the price in that 780ti but that 780 price is nice. I'll be waiting to see performance on it as well as used market price drops

That pretty much seals the deal that I will be buying a GTX 770 over a R9 280X. If someone would have made a nice blower style cooler for the R9 I might have reconsidered.

That Shield promo should clinch the deal for them!

Ok....ok....

/sarcasm off

Still looks quite high to me with maximum milking going on by nvidia.

Not enough on the 770.

Kyle's review this morning put the MSI 280X >= a 770 with +1 GB VRAM.

Yet the 770 is still at at $30 premium?

Very cool. I think I'm still sitting this generation out, but these prices are definitely more compelling.

Nice, the 780 is now very attractive for my future 1440p build. Thanks AMD, competition is always good! I only buy Nivida products since my 5850 fiasco and adventures! lOL :) (my own reason, not a fanboy, only had a bad experience)..

So, this will put the 780ti in between the 780 and Titan, probably performance wise as well. Yet, will still be priced $150 over the 290X. Makes no sense.

So, this will put the 780ti in between the 780 and Titan, probably performance wise as well. Yet, will still be priced $150 over the 290X. Makes no sense.
I wouldn't be surprised if the 780 Ti is faster than a Titan.

Thanks AMD

Just a few weeks ago Nvidia stated that price cuts would only affect midrange cards like 660 and 650Ti and prices for enthusiast cards wouldn't suffer price changes.

Fast forward today (err I mean tomorrow) and the 780 will now compete with the 290 on price. and with the holyday bundle is probably a better deal, at least until AMD reinstates its bundle.

The 770 needs to shave an extra 20~30 bucks IMO.

The 780Ti seems way overpriced if rumored specs are true. An extra SP may not make that much of a difference. The thing has to be faster than Titan to really compete with the 290X and it will still be more expensive.

Damn good price if you asked me. glad I sold my 780's for $625 each couple weeks ago before 290x launch :)

My only thing is the 290 non X is suppose to be 1-3% faster then a 780 and $50 cheaper.

Also $329 for a 2gb card?.....ouch, I think the 770 2gb should be 299, and the 770 4gb should be $329.

$500 is what the 780 should have been and I should have had a little more patience but screw patience. I was able to tackle quite a few games out of my backlog since I upgraded and that feeling at least takes away some of the pain.

That's great pricing on the 780, only wild card left is the pricing on the non-x 290. Hoping for $400-$450.

Hmm, decisions decisions. I love the price wars, just in time! Need to buy a new card in November so I need to wait for some info.
1. How well the 290X behaves on watercooling (already have a custom loop).
2. How much better over the 290x the 780Ti is (better be damn good for that price).
3. What difference Mantle does (not sure if any results will be out within Nov)
4. Nvidia's G-Sync looks great but I'll have to replace 3 monitors so that will be the next video card upgrade decision.

I love the choices out now though.

Love price wars.. Going to stick with my Dual water cooled 7950's @ 1100mghz till next gen though.. Can't wait to see what they can do on 22nm.. If the 780 gtx had been this cheap a few months ago when I picked up my 7950's I might had got one instead but all well I'm happy with my 7950's and they keep getting better with the drives so I'm sure on my single 120hz 1080p monitor i'll be happy for a while.

Damn good price if you asked me. glad I sold my 780's for $625 each couple weeks ago before 290x launch :)

Also $329 for a 2gb card?.....ouch, I think the 770 2gb should be 299, and the 770 4gb should be $329.

I think you've got it dead on here.

Nvidia is still being greedy even though the prices were cut.

2GB is not going to cut it for much longer. I'm excited to see what happens with the BF4 release tonight.

VRAM limit, VRAM limit everywhere.

Glad I couldnt find a 290x last week. Id rather have a 780 non reference for cheaper than a 290x with its heat issues by a long shot.

Glad I couldnt find a 290x last week. Id rather have a 780 non reference for cheaper than a 290x with its heat issues by a long shot.

Have to agree with you on that, that 290X is a scorcher. And since the oC version of the 780 are really fast and you get a great bundle.

That 770 4G is gonna be close the GTX 780 in price.

You can sell the 3 games plus the shield voucher.. And discount your purchase even more!! Cmon guys this a fantastic deal!

Hopefully this will force AMD to position the 290 at $450, which would make it a steal as it's basically 98% of a 290X when both are OC.

Good thing if you want a 780 is you can probably get for $440 if you sell the games. That's a good price as long as you have no plans to go 4K during the life of the card.

Nvidia is still being greedy even though the prices were cut.
I would argue that NVIDIA simply understands the value of their products. AMD is very aggressive on pricing (because they have to be), but they also undervalue their own products.

My only thing is the 290 non X is suppose to be 1-3% faster then a 780 and $50 cheaper.

damn right.

Lol, you can find someone who wants the shield voucher?

As for the games, I would play them all.

Why backlog urself with games especially with bf4 launching today...? Sell now. F S*** up in bf4.. Then buy the games back later...

Simple business model

Good pricing from NVIDIA on the 770/780 -- for those GTX 780 owners, they can get another GTX 780 and have a nice SLI setup for a lot cheaper than previously expected.

Good thing AMD has a backup plan...

M8K89z0.jpg

Competition is great. Their gaming bundle is actually decent too, no lame "game credits" for Free-2-play games. That was lame when they did that.

Also, the price cuts are great, and will likely help alleviate the out-of-stock problem with the 290x now.

I've got to admit, that the GTX 780 is definitely more appealing now with the price cut and game bundle. I expected AMD to bundle BF4 with all 290x cards at $550.

Good to see Nvidia was forced to lower prices (they wouldn't have done it on there own). Makes you wonder the prices they can really sells the cards for.

IMO AMD's backup plan is the custom 290x variants from Sapphire, MSI, ASUS, etc. Since the 290x supposedly scales very well with more voltage, this could be very interesting -- I'll wait until the custom models come out before I decide on a new video card: 780 Ti or 290x custom? It's a happy problem to be in!

Good thing AMD has a backup plan...

IMO AMD's backup plan is the custom 290x variants from Sapphire, MSI, ASUS, etc. Since the 290x supposedly scales very well with more voltage, this could be very interesting -- I'll wait until the custom models come out before I decide on a new video card: 780 Ti or 290x custom? It's a happy problem to be in!

Yup, that's what I elected to do. I see great potential not only with the coolers, but maybe faster vram also.

Newegg updated their cards with the games promotion but no price cut yet??

Actually the new prices are showing!

Pumped. Now I get to pay my $40 difference and get the Ti and all the games with it. I always thought the Ti would come out mid to late November, but this is even better news.

It's a good time to be alive.

Back