Ouya Will Begin Shipping with a Redesigned Controller

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Ouya has been listening to their consumers’ feedback and has adopted some much needed changes with their less-than-satisfactory controller. The new and improved controller is already being implemented and pushed out the door.

Whether or not you'll actually find one at retail is a bit of a crapshoot, however, as Uhrman said the packaging won't highlight the change.

Anyone know how well the OUYA has actually sold? The only thing the company says is, "exceeded expectations," which doesn't really mean a whole lot. I suspect it's still sold crap after the hullabaloo of their official debut--at least, no one I know has gotten one. But I'm still curious about official numbers.

Its a load of crap, lets release a system with a broken controller, if u want the new one, buy the whole system again, oh and btw, we are working on OUYA 2 now, so, yeah.

Given all the attention and success in raising funds they had,they've been pretty weak in producing a worthy product. These kind of results could make people reluctant to fund projects in the future.

So let me get this right: redesign controller and not indicate on a retail box that it comes with the new controller? Freakin' brilliant! :rolleyes:

Will a retail store let me open them until I find one with the new controller? :confused:

Perfect XBMC box though. I dont use the controller at all but would like to know if they are going to upgrade those who bought the "flawed" one.

Ouya claimed that the original controller was "great". Any claim they make of improvement is somewhat dubious.

So let me get this right: redesign controller and not indicate on a retail box that it comes with the new controller? Freakin' brilliant! :rolleyes:

Will a retail store let me open them until I find one with the new controller? :confused:
I'm sure they can't dump old stock entirely on past funders. Got to get rid of them somehow.

Did these things ever do xbmc reasonably well?

I just watched some videos of games and they looked pretty fun. The graphics aren't cutting edge obviously but the games look fun to play. I find that limitations often drives ingenuity.

As far as the controller, they said you can use either an Xbox360 or PS3 controller instead, which I think is pretty awesome. Which also means I wouldn't have to buy any additional controllers. But it also means you can by used ones as well.

Either way, I thought it looked cool. And I am considering getting one. $100 isn't too bad.

Back