Call of Duty: Ghosts PC Minimum System Requirements

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Call of Duty: Ghosts website has listed the minimum system requirements for the PC version of the game. A 64-bit operating system and a minimum of 6GB of RAM is required to run the game.

Minimum System Requirements:
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
  • Memory: 6 GB RAM
  • Hard Disk Space: 40 GB
  • Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 450 / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 or better
  • Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
  • DirectX®: DirectX® 11
  • Internet: Broadband Internet connection for Steam and Online Multiplayer

Um maybe minimum recommended but those specs are many times over what an xbox 360...

I love that more games are pushing for 64-bit OS's. About time, too. I guess it's hard to find a 32-bit install anymore.

If those are minimum, I think I need to upgrade. I'm not in bad shape right now, but minimum requirements are creeping up on me. 2600K (4.4 GHz), 16 GB, AMD 7770...

Those system spec's confuse me. Minimum CPU is Core2Duo 2.6GHz, but minimum suggested GPU is HD5870? I'm a bit confused by that...

Yeah, the GPU requirement seems a bit high but I'm sure we'll see how systems will fare once people start benchmarking and sharing their performance numbers.

6GB of RAM......40GB of HDD....:eek::eek::eek: good textures or just a bazillion maps?

But only a GPU from 3 generations ago....

what? what?

Those system spec's confuse me. Minimum CPU is Core2Duo 2.6GHz, but minimum suggested GPU is HD5870? I'm a bit confused by that...

I'm more confused by the fact that they list the GTS 450 and HD5870 together. A 5870 should be a great deal faster than a 450. They aren't even in the same league. So, unless one is a minimum and the other is a recommended, doesn't make sense to me.

If those are minimum, I think I need to upgrade. I'm not in bad shape right now, but minimum requirements are creeping up on me. 2600K (4.4 GHz), 16 GB, AMD 7770...

I would hardly say you need an upgrade with a 2600K.:D

A modern game requires barely semi-decent specs to run. Quick, call the president and the news outlets!

Love the 64-bit OS's, but I *hate* that Afterburner doesn't work with 'em. Hopefully Unwinder eventually updates the program.

Love the 64-bit OS's, but I *hate* that Afterburner doesn't work with 'em. Hopefully Unwinder eventually updates the program.

Are you talking about MSI Afterburner? It absolutely does work with 64-bit operating systems. I used MSI Afterburner with Windows 7 x64 until April 2012 or so, when I got my first GTX680. At that point I switched to EVGA Precision which is the exact same thing as MSI Afterburner but with a different skin, and also works on 64-Bit operating systems. I only did that because the card I bought was EVGA.

I am most curious about what looks like a DirectX11 requirement. My secondary system is running 2x 4870x2. A single 4870x2 is as fast as a 5870 so in terms of pure GPU power it's not an issue, but they are DirectX 10.1 cards. The key is that DirectX10 and 10.1 cards can actually play most DirectX11 games directly, due to the fact that 11 is a strict superset of 10.1, which is a strict super-set of 10. Playing a DX11 game on DX10.1 hardware is just a matter of shedding the few features which are unsupported. Still, while the majority of DX11 games out there work fine on DX10.1, there are still a few which do not for various reasons. It will be interesting to see about this game.

Are you talking about MSI Afterburner? It absolutely does work with 64-bit operating systems.

Not the OS - but 64-bit executables. The overlays, framerate caps, etc. don't work on native x64 applications. Overclocking (obviously) still does, though.
Up until recently there were only a few, like Crysis, but it seems like a flood of 'em are on the way.

I would hardly say you need an upgrade with a 2600K.:D

Not yet. But, those requirements keep creeping closer and closer! That's minimum for basic settings. I think next year may be the year I upgrade (come on, man, I need an excuse!) :cool:

Just when I thought 2GB of ddr2 ram was enough 5 years ago..... My q6600 and gtx460 and SSD are more than enough but ram I'm out of.... messed up requirements.

I'm more confused by the fact that they list the GTS 450 and HD5870 together. A 5870 should be a great deal faster than a 450. They aren't even in the same league. So, unless one is a minimum and the other is a recommended, doesn't make sense to me.

My thoughts exactly.

5870? So my 5770 isn't enough, really?

Yawn. The lack of specs tells me that yet again there will be nothing really innovating to even push a modern PC. 64bit OS? 6GB of RAM? I had all of that and more back in 2007...
The video card requirement looks like an upgrade, but all it really says is we need certain feature compatibility since a 5870 isn't much these days, and a GTS450 was many times slower than even that. The choice of a 5870 or a GTS450 is an odd one due to the performance disparity, they could have just as easily said a GTS450 or a HD5750.

welp I guess i was gonna update my system to a i5 soon. Ill still need a newer gpu....

Yawn. The lack of specs tells me that yet again there will be nothing really innovating to even push a modern PC. 64bit OS? 6GB of RAM? I had all of that and more back in 2007...
The video card requirement looks like an upgrade, but all it really says is we need certain feature compatibility since a 5870 isn't much these days, and a GTS450 was many times slower than even that. The choice of a 5870 or a GTS450 is an odd one due to the performance disparity, they could have just as easily said a GTS450 or a HD5750.

Minimum to run it decent, probably on low settings. Far Cry would run on low quality on some older hardware at the time. A year later, when buying top of the line, you could crank it up and get great frame rates and be able to run it at Ultra settings. Wait for final judgement until it comes out. I might eat my words (probably, knowing the CoD franchise), but we might be surprised. It might be a game we can crank up the settings to Ultra on our new systems and have it crawl and require an upgrade to run better with high resolution textures and great graphics and animation (and FISH AI!). Wishful thinking? Probably. But, I like to think that could happen. I want one of those games that you can only run on Medium, and forces an upgrade to crank it up.

Minimum to run it decent, probably on low settings. Far Cry would run on low quality on some older hardware at the time. A year later, when buying top of the line, you could crank it up and get great frame rates and be able to run it at Ultra settings. Wait for final judgement until it comes out. I might eat my words (probably, knowing the CoD franchise), but we might be surprised. It might be a game we can crank up the settings to Ultra on our new systems and have it crawl and require an upgrade to run better with high resolution textures and great graphics and animation (and FISH AI!). Wishful thinking? Probably. But, I like to think that could happen. I want one of those games that you can only run on Medium, and forces an upgrade to crank it up.

CoD is about getting 60 FPS, so that's probably not going to happen.

Well, as far as I'm concerned - these requirements tell us nothing. GTS-450 and HD-5870 as a minimum make no sense as the HD-5870 is definitely faster than the GTS-450. In all likelihood, they meant the 5770. Guess we'll have to wait and see for the truth to come out.

I love the fact that people have been complaining about the same graphics and system requirements for year and wanting an upgrade, now they do it and everyone is complaining and saying they are cancelling their preorders. It is in to hate on CoD.

I love the fact that people have been complaining about the same graphics and system requirements for year and wanting an upgrade, now they do it and everyone is complaining and saying they are cancelling their preorders. It is in to hate on CoD.

Its amazing there are a broad spectrum of opinions, didnt expect that :p

If i remember correctly a gts 450 was a rebadged 9800gt, which was a rebaged 8800gts (g92)
and I upgraded from a 8800gts 512mb to a 5870 I saw at least a 2x performance boost.
I think someone needs to smack the editor.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/511?vs=609
why would you have to guess when the whole internet is right in front of you? a gts450 had nothing to do with G92.

Back