Twitter To Award Board Members With Millions

HardOCP News

[H] News
Damn, I thought that kid making one million a year to play LoL had it good, then I saw this. In 140 characters or less, please explain to me how Twitter's board members need these kinds of salaries. ;)

The soon-to-IPO social network disclosed that its outside directors, who have never been paid in cash for their services, will soon be the beneficiaries of a generous equity incentive plan that comes with up to $16 million in cash and stock for the first year of service.

They arent being paid, they are paying themselves. Think of it like going into the pantry and making a sammich. You just walk on over, open the door, and make a sammich. It's that easy. Whether your pantry has bread and peanut butter or millions of dollars in cash. You just get to do whatever the fuck you want with it.

It's a great club to be in IF you can get in. I worked at a very large company where every year they would give the people on the board large sums of stock at $0. This was in addition to the ridiculous salaries.

Damn, I thought that kid making one million a year to play LoL had it good, then I saw this. In 140 characters or less, please explain to me how Twitter's board members need these kinds of salaries. ;)

They don't have to need them. They want them. Everyone wants them. Everyone who will comment wants 16 million dollars handed to them. The difference is that these guys all bought into a property that would produce that kind of reward.

Still cant believe Twitter was worth anything...
#what a joke
#you're going to lose on that stock
#the view from the Titanic is wonderful!

Twitter will go to shit just like any other company that goes public.

I don't think these people who are getting these millions care whether Twitter is making any real money or not. They got their millions, that's all it matters. Isn't that the corporate way? Get as much as you can before the boat sinks.

I actually hope the flotation is a big failure otherwise it will push the stock market towards another crash.
They have never turned a profit, you'd have to be mad to invest in them!

Nah twitter aint going nowhere, people are too addicted to that crap. It will thrive on monopoly money just because people use it and it has good brand recognition.

Back