ASUS GeForce GTX 760 DirectCU II OC Video Card Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
ASUS GeForce GTX 760 DirectCU II OC Video Card Review - If you are in the market for a new video card with a budget around $250 you have two deals to chose between. The ASUS GeForce GTX 760 DirectCU II OC, or the Radeon HD 7950 Boost thanks to price drops. Which one will really give you the best gameplay experience for that $250, we pit the two together, overclocking comparisons from both included.

Enthusiasts are going to miss the 7950's when they are gone. Your XFX Black Edition overclock is awesome! I bought a PowerColor 7950 to CrossfireX with my old Sapphire and it ended up costing me around $155. Hopefully AMD will release another overclocker's dream card in the future where you can extract significant extra value by having fun with it. Too bad Nvidia sees the market differently from me. I wouldn't mind owning one of their newer cards if they priced it closer to the AMD cards. I am mapping out a SteamBox build and Nvidia has in terms of "perceived value" priced themselves out of my living room. Not going to try hunting down a G Sync television. :)

Great comprehensive review as always!

Is the nvidia 760 basically the same card as the "old" GTX 670?

This is a nice review, very comprehensive and great game selection.:D

Good Review of these cards: It is getting much more affordable for those gaming at 1080p resolutions. You can put together a really inexpensive system that is a pretty potent gaming system.

note: on the Far cry page under the first set of tables it says "occasional stuttering was pleasant during game play" - possible typo?

Is the nvidia 760 basically the same card as the "old" GTX 670?

This is a nice review, very comprehensive and great game selection.:D

I'm not sure how they compare in games, but the 670 has 1,344 cuda cores and 32 ROPs. So, it's a different chip design and I'm going to assume (the 760) that it's slower even if it's clocked differently.

I'm not sure how they compare in games, but the 670 has 1,344 cuda cores and 32 ROPs. So, it's a different chip design and I'm going to assume (the 760) that it's slower even if it's clocked differently.

Gtx 760 is essentially the same Gk104 as 670 only with 1152 Cuda cores. Performance will always be slightly behind 670 clock for clock.
I really like the additional apples to apples section guys! I believe many others would as well. A simple Oc'd vs Oc'd look at the cards really rounds out the review.
Now just wondering if I should step up to 760 Sli from my 660's for cheap...

Gtx 760 is essentially the same Gk104 as 670 only with 1152 Cuda cores. Performance will always be slightly behind 670 clock for clock.
I really like the additional apples to apples section guys! I believe many others would as well. A simple Oc'd vs Oc'd look at the cards really rounds out the review.
Now just wondering if I should step up to 760 Sli from my 660's for cheap...

also the 760 only has 96 texture units the 670 has 112

the HD 7950 is undoubtedly the card to get at $200 - 230. the cards are slowly drying up and prices are going up. whoever got the HD 7950 at the $200 - 230 price range got an awesome deal. :)

A 7950 provides 384-Bit and 3Gb and then great OC'n headroom; simply best 1920x1080p card going.

Back