Microsoft Wants a New CEO by the End of the Year

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
A report by Bloomberg indicates that officials at Microsoft are working with a sense of urgency in replacing outgoing CEO Steve Ballmer by the end of the year.

Until Xbox One is fully shipped and a new CEO is in place, some of the key organizational changes around hardware and software have yet to be fully implemented.

Nobody wants to become CEO until after the Xbox debuts. I guess nobody wants that turd of a debut associated with them in any way.

Kind of figured that they would want to get this done sooner rather than latter and the end of the year would be a nice clean break.

Choose one that will stop the incoming tracking changes, wont stiff customers to try and get ahead in business, will consider what the customer wants and will release Windows 9 asap with those things included.

Oh yes, please.

Get Jon Rubenstein on the phone. The guy has a knack for innovation and a reputation that won't change after the XBOX One face-plants.

We should start a poll to vote someone in.

Translation:

Microsoft wants a new figurehead to blame if the deal with nokia goes poorly.

There's going to a lot of very tough decisions to be made at Microsoft.

Too bad Linda Lovelace can't be CEO. She never chokes on the big ones.

Hehe, that means two things

Microsoft's current short list of CEOs will do nothing but nosedive the company even further. A tech company needs an iron-fisted innovator at the helm (i.e. Jobs/Gates/Ellison) not a damn politician.

Dear Microsoft,

How does it feel to want?

Sincerely,
Joe Consumer

It would be awesome to see this happen, although it may tear a hole in the space time continuum:eek:..

I like Woz as much as anyone, but not sure he is the visionary type he is more of a technician. On the other hand he would be smart enough to get some solid advisers. I am hoping they end up with someone with reasonable vision, but not sure that many are currently in the field.

Let's not sacrifice the Woz. His intelligence and innovation would be lost on MS. They need a gradual build up to the Woz, they can't handle going straight to that kind of power.

Hire a visionary or an accountant to get shareholder's short term returns..guess which one will win out.

Might have to bribe someone to even want to do it.

Can we list them from fields outside software operating systems?:)

Example Elon Musk is pretty good in the fields he works in.

Musk is one. But no way in hell would he quit his current posts making EVs and Rockets.

Back