Seeing a Doctor Online and on the Go

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
There is a new doctor in town, well actually not technically in town, but as close as your mobile phone. Telemedicine practice is beginning to gain traction across the country simply because it’s fast, private and relatively cheap for people on the go. All you have to do is shove the phone in your mouth and say ahhhhhh! :D

American Well claims to be the first to offer immediate, live video visits on mobile devices, the Web, and at kiosks.

Last edited:
There used to be a web series with Lisa Kudrow as a Psychologist offering her services over video chat as an experimental thing. It was weird. I'm not so sure its a good idea.

Whenever this silly notion that a trained monkey with a Ph.d. is required so you can get basic medicine is gone, I guess this will suffice. I'm more than capable of making my own medical choices and able to suffer the consequences as a responsible educated adult.

Whenever this silly notion that a trained monkey with a Ph.d. is required so you can get basic medicine is gone, I guess this will suffice. I'm more than capable of making my own medical choices and able to suffer the consequences as a responsible educated adult.

PhD?

Hopefully, they get the triage correct.

If the caller is driving and talking on the cellphone, he/she should be transferred the next proctologist available...

I think he was pointing out that most medical doctors have an MD not a PhD.:D

Same shit sorry. 10+ years in school memorizing books that can be found in full on the Internet. If I have a bacterial infection and need an antibiotic, why do I pay some asshole 200$ to tell me to go pick up some Nitrofuran? I know what medicine to take already, I've done my research and I spent time in school too. If I choose the wrong drug and die, my fault, no malpractice suits needed. Doctors are the scum of the earth harvesting off the pain and suffering of others.

Same shit sorry. 10+ years in school memorizing books that can be found in full on the Internet. If I have a bacterial infection and need an antibiotic, why do I pay some asshole 200$ to tell me to go pick up some Nitrofuran? I know what medicine to take already, I've done my research and I spent time in school too. If I choose the wrong drug and die, my fault, no malpractice suits needed. Doctors are the scum of the earth harvesting off the pain and suffering of others.

im all fine with thinning the stupid from herd with home remedies people found on facebook.

but sometimes people have kids, and they just arent smart enough or have the diagnostic ability to differentiate between, say, streptococcus pyogenes and mononucleosis, especially in their time of illness or stress. meanwhile they are become breeding grounds for new drug resistant strains.

Praying is even better. Praying cures all.

wow just wow.... so much fail in this post. Not even going to bother to debunk your post.

On the other hand, this may be a good option for Doc's in residency as a source of moonlighting income. So depending on how the business model is structured I could see this taking off.

Praying is even better. Praying cures all.

Why is it you automatically assume my intelligence level is low because I believe in free choice? I'm an atheist and don't see any gods curing anyone. I'm also a hardcore libertarian and really dislike forced regulations that say I can't buy my own medicine. I'm not some back water hick drinking bleach to cure an infection.

If you like doctors, go to the doctor, if not, then I simply ask: Why is it illegal to diagnose and treat myself if I am capable and agree to the consequences? For my current medications that I don't take, due to not being able to afford them, it would cost me with health insurance over 200$ a month just for the prescriptions.

I'm just pushing for more freedom for healthcare options, everyone likes freedom to choose right?

wow just wow.... so much fail in this post. Not even going to bother to debunk your post.

On the other hand, this may be a good option for Doc's in residency as a source of moonlighting income. So depending on how the business model is structured I could see this taking off.

Debunk away, its a free and open forum. Those who simply say, "this is stupid"or "a fail" or "you're a hater ", have no logical comeback and hide behind insults. So I invite you to tackle my opinion, which is my own.

There used to be a web series with Lisa Kudrow as a Psychologist offering her services over video chat as an experimental thing. It was weird. I'm not so sure its a good idea.

I think there was a study recently showing that online therapy was just as effective.

Good luck. Do everything yourself, you are the best at everything :)

Same shit sorry. 10+ years in school memorizing books that can be found in full on the Internet. If I have a bacterial infection and need an antibiotic, why do I pay some asshole 200$ to tell me to go pick up some Nitrofuran?

Perhaps it's because they know the difference between a PhD and an MD. Have fun performing surgery on yourself.

I think there was a study recently showing that online therapy was just as effective.

I can see it being more effective for some more antisocial behavioral issues, at least for the beginnings of a treatment plan. That and we sort of have phone therapy that has proven effective in the form of crisis lines. I'm interested in this study, thank you, im going to go try to find it. I still stand by the notion that Lisa Kudrow should neverbe a therapist though...

This is really only one of the many many new solutions coming about thanks to the Internet.

I also have to give it to Obamacare, without these pissed of doctors these types of solutions would have never sprouted up. Small cash only operating are making a come back.

I can see it being more effective for some more antisocial behavioral issues, at least for the beginnings of a treatment plan. That and we sort of have phone therapy that has proven effective in the form of crisis lines. I'm interested in this study, thank you, im going to go try to find it. I still stand by the notion that Lisa Kudrow should neverbe a therapist though...

Here's the article that mentioned it, http://www.xconomy.com/san-francisc...rtup-aims-remove-barriers-mental-health-care/

"several recent studies have found that therapy via the Internet is just as effective as face-to-face treatment. In 2012, a Veterans Affairs study found that teletherapy reduced patients’ psychiatric hospital admissions by about 25 percent, which means it could produce cost savings as well."

I'm opening up an internet gyno clinic. Must have FaceTime or Skype access.

Back