Gamestop Offering Deep Discounts for PS3 And 360

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Let the sales begin! It’s that time; the new generation of consoles is right around the corner and prices on the PS3 and Xbox 360 are beginning to drop dramatically and Gamestop is right in there with them.

Ahead of the launch of Sony's PS4 and Microsoft's Xbox One, Gamestop is knocking down the price on used versions of both companies’ old systems.

Rather unexpected given their history of stealing as much profit from your used games even.

Rather unexpected given their history of stealing as much profit from your used games even.

It isn't stealing. I don't know why people hate Gamestop as much as they do. Cause it's not like you can sell your used game on Ebay or anything? God forbid. :rolleyes:

There are deals for the NEW 500GB version with 30day PSN and GTA 5 for $230 for the ps3...

$150 is okay, but not great. will keep waiting to replace the one that got stolen =/

Yea it's not a price I'd pay when I can get a new one with a much better combo.

This is true. I know several people that pay for an internet connection and the only device connected to it is a console. That's it. They don't even have a smart phone.

This is why I stress owning a PC over a game console. If for some reason your budget can't support a gaming PC and console, then go PC. Cause at least you can go online and do stuff, like Ebay.

If it's not a budget problem but rather an issue of laziness, then you get what Gamestop offers. It's convenient for an unconvenient price. It's like going to the dealer to get a new car, but complain about the trade in value. You could always try to sell the car yourself and get more money out of it, but that's not convenient now is it?

PS3's are great Blueray players. No reason to chuck them. If you didn't do the update, you can run Linux on them. 360's? Uh, well, uh, good news is most of them have already fried...

None of the console exclusive titles have excited me, except for Gran Turismo 5 perhaps. Might pick up a PS3 if it's really, really cheap.

PS3's are great Blueray players. No reason to chuck them. If you didn't do the update, you can run Linux on them. 360's? Uh, well, uh, good news is most of them have already fried...

yup, my ps3 is basicly my living room entertainment. It does my media server streaming, Netflix and bluray. Don't own a single game for it though lol

The PS3 was well-suited for a home entertainment system. The remote has been great (when my kids haven't lost it) and it also has a nice set of games. The Xbox 360 is a great gaming console, but you can tell the home entertainment part was an afterthought until late in the game, and even then, I still prefer the XMB.

They need to be a little cheaper, but how much can they drop them and still be profitable from it? I know Gamestop gets a lot of hate, but like it or not, they are a company that is there to make money. If you don't like a company to make money, then fuck off, get out of the US and enjoy a communist life. It's people like you bitching about a company making a profit that don't seem to understand capitalism at all. If you don't turn a profit and keep the momentum, you will eventually fall. Profit is not evil, nor is selling something at a high price. Don't like it? Move on to another place as you see fit. Selling some stuff at a loss can work, but only if you can offset said loss with enough profit from something else. Even if you don't ever use them, they serve as a competitor and prevent a monopoly.
I've worked in retail for a long time, so it really pisses me off to see little whiny bitches moan about a company being so terrible as to want to make money. That's the entire fucking point of it. Get it through your goddamn heads!

Does a PS3 still make the electric company happy when you only use it as a bluray player? IIRC your everyday bluray player that's only a bluray player only uses about 10watts when playing movies.

Those are actually very reasonable prices, in accordance with used prices here and on eBay, especially when you consider that every single model of the PS3 is the same price, and probably all of them were in stock at the store I went to. I've been wanting an original 60GB PS3 for a very long time, so I went by Gamestop and picked one up this afternoon with a free game. The unit I bought was in excellent condition.

Back