Official 290X Specs Posted On AMD's website

Interestingly, AMD states that the 280X can also have "up to 2816" stream processing units. Must be a typo.

Oh and, as of now, the R7 240 can be clocked "Up to 780GHz" - almost two orders of magnitude faster than the 290X. Definitely gonna pickup two of these lol.

Last edited:
Interestingly, AMD states that the 280X can also have "up to 2816" stream processing units. Must be a typo.

Oh and, as of now, the R7 240 can be clocked "Up to 780GHz" - almost two orders of magnitude faster than the 290X. Definitely gonna pickup two of these lol.

I'll take a 780GHz GPU :p

Interesting, all cards except for the 290x only "support" a maximum of 4 displays per the chart. Perhaps they are referring to outputs and not officially supporting? Then again the 280 and 290 cards both have 4 outputs.

Interesting, all cards except for the 290x only "support" a maximum of 4 displays per the chart. Perhaps they are referring to outputs and not officially supporting? Then again the 280 and 290 cards both have 4 outputs.

I think it's only talking eyefinity, but that seems wrong as I know 7970's can do 5x1 eyefinity. There are several of error on that chart, I wouldn't be surprised if that is a mistake too.. The 280X listed with wrong number of stream processors, the 240 with 780Ghz, etc.

Wow, AMD finally releases 'full specs' officially and yet it's full of screw ups and compared to 'leaks', it's not the most reliable source...

WTF has the world come to...

Wow, AMD finally releases 'full specs' officially and yet it's full of screw ups and compared to 'leaks', it's not the most reliable source...

WTF has the world come to...

The NDA was too effective, not even AMD knows what AMD knows!

So the 290X and 280x are the same card except for the memory?

Other than the clock speeds, these "official specs" have little to say.

290X can have up to 4 GB memory? what? what?

No specs on that link at this time......

Other than the clock speeds, these "official specs" have little to say.

290X can have up to 4 GB memory? what? what?

No specs on that link at this time......

Looks like they took it down. See the forth post in this thread for a screenshot. It's also on the hardocp news page.

Where is the +1 button so we don't have to quote post

Back