SimCity Offline Mode a "Possibility"

HardOCP News

[H] News
SimCity offline mode a possibility? I could have sworn they said that it was impossible.

Right now we have a team specifically focused on exploring the possibility of an offline mode. I can’t make any promises on when we will have more information, but we know this is something that many of our players have been asking for. While the server connectivity issues are behind us, we would like to give our players the ability to play even if they choose not to connect.

i thought there was already an offline mode someone made already?

i thought there was already an offline mode someone made already?

There is, but Maxis will probably claim to have found a way to make offline mode possible. I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow used what Vulpes Zedra did to make it and claim it as their own.

The new impossibility imposed by that article: No bigger cities. We'll see, Maxis, we'll see.

Looking forward to offline mode...and a rollup of DLC in a super cheap Xmas package.

Good god some of you are actually still trying to play this screensaver?

this is still one game i refuse to buy form EA. others i cave in on but im holding my ground on this one.

unless offline mode and a bigger city is out there, I really ain't interested on simcity at the moment (im a fan of the previous games)

this is still one game i refuse to buy form EA. others i cave in on but im holding my ground on this one.

Well, last time I checked the game itself still sucked...regardless of having server issues or not.

I'm shocked no one thought they'd charge $20 for DLC to let you play offline, lol.

Everyone knows you have to get your jiggawatts from the interwebs to make your games run! EA and Blizzard aren't making this stuff up! It's science!

I have over 200 hours and every bit of the available DLC. My only real issue was map size, and they just pulled the team that was going to make this happen thanks to some n00bs trying to run this on an old P4. They just lost of of their biggest customers.

at this point they could repackage it, give it offline mode, and huge maps, and even include a sexy time service girl... and I still wouldn't buy it... because it's that god damn bad.

I plunked down pre order money and got to play maybe 3 hours before it all went to hell... they raped the hell out of that franchise... something old school, pure, and damn amazing and now the series ends not with a bang but with a whimper.

I assume this means there's a $10-$20 offline mode DLC on the way. Knowing EA it'll still need to phone home once every 24 hours.

EA can blow me.

Right now we have a team specifically focused on exploring the possibility of an offline mode.
Note that they don't say what type of team this is. Given EA's reputation, this team is not exploring the technical possibility of offline mode, but it's a marketing team exploring the marketing impact of offline mode.

just to add -- there is no "technical possibility" -- it's possible, it was possible 10 years ago, it was possible at launch, it's possible right this very moment

They aren't simulating galaxies for christs sake... every move they have made since the idea to reboot the franchise came about has been about extracting every possible dollar from people. Which is fucking sad. They got greedy and it blew up in their face. If they had made the game.... you know, good? I'd have happily forked over 60 dollars + a bit more of any reasonable DLC. Instead they got $0 from me since amazon refunded my money and took away my license (amazon rocks btw)

They did to their franchise what I used to do to my cities in the fun versions of the franchise.

SimCity offline mode a "necessity"

...before I will even consider buying it.

FU EA

Only developer worst than EA is ubisoft

Back