35 Ways to Die in Grand Theft Auto V

Hehe good stuff.
I was never into the GTA missions, but it seems like it would be fun to go around that city and see the funny stuff people do.

Love that game, finally can do side missions when you have finished the main story, and already completed the side missions, even replay missions to get a better rating.

The biggest thing I noticed? The graphics are total shit.

So you can die if you crash into a wall in a car? Sometimes these games need to draw a line for "realism"

Punch a wall hard enough, and the G's will kill you even with good safety equip. Ask Dale.

So you can die if you crash into a wall in a car? Sometimes these games need to draw a line for "realism"

Rarely. There also seems to be a random seat belt. Sometimes you wear one, sometimes you don't.

As for the graphics. Gotta remember this is the same machine GTA IV was built for, so what they did squeeze out of it is impressive. The thunderstorms are downright awesome looking. The details on asphalt and puddles post rain is nice.

Can't wait to see what the modders do. Always loved getting real names and real cars.

Punch a wall hard enough, and the G's will kill you even with good safety equip. Ask Dale.

I don't think he was arguing that, I think he was commenting on whether or not it should be that way in game.

I think it looks pretty good on my ps3 SS, considering the size of the world and relative power / memory of the system and the age of the graphics hardware. Isn't it basically just a modified GeForce 7800? I think they did well with it considering that hardware is ancient. My video card is ancient but not even close to THAT ancient.

I was gonna say, graphics look like whatever GTA I last played on PS3 four years ago.

If you think this looks anything like GTA IV you need new glasses.

Characters are much improved, actual dynamic lighting system (Which adds a lot to the game in motion), weather effects, etc.

Looks far better compared to 4.

Seriously I can't fathom how some people get so hung up on graphics, that you think every game that doesn't look like Crysis 3 or whatever is terrible and youmiss out on good games because you're so hung up on grpahics.

The game looks good for what it's running on, but most importantly it's a FUN game which many people are enjoying while you all are complaining about the "graphical quality" of a video taken of it via youtube.

The cops in this game are way too powerful...

My son is up for a few days and he brought his xbox, hooked it up to the 50" and i have to admit GTA 5 looks amazing. i didnt do any missions, just drove around the "huge" map. I looks awesome in some respects and bland in others. the water is on par with farcry 3, and the landscape and building are well detailed until you get close. Some have great textures and some are just blurry. I am excited to get this on PC and get some mods. Until then, I think watchdogs will fill that void.
“Again” RS, I will pickup watchdogs at full price, but if you make me wait till next year, I will wait till GTA 5 is a $20 or less on steam like I did with GTA 4.

If you think this looks anything like GTA IV you need new glasses.

Characters are much improved, actual dynamic lighting system (Which adds a lot to the game in motion), weather effects, etc.

Looks far better compared to 4.

Seriously I can't fathom how some people get so hung up on graphics, that you think every game that doesn't look like Crysis 3 or whatever is terrible and youmiss out on good games because you're so hung up on grpahics.

The game looks good for what it's running on, but most importantly it's a FUN game which many people are enjoying while you all are complaining about the "graphical quality" of a video taken of it via youtube.

agreed. RS did a great job squeezing graphics like this out of 10+ year old hardware.
I can only imagine what they will be able to do with GCN hardware and mantle. very excited. :)

Graphics look decent to me, the real issue I have is with framerates, I have tried running from the game disk, running from hard drive installation and running from usb flash drive installation. Does'nt really make a huge difference, always looks like 20FPS and very hard to aim.

Graphics look decent to me, the real issue I have is with framerates, I have tried running from the game disk, running from hard drive installation and running from usb flash drive installation. Does'nt really make a huge difference, always looks like 20FPS and very hard to aim.

I don't own the game, but I've seen and played quite a bit at my brothers house on his PS3 and I completely agree with this. The low frames is really hard to ignore, for me anyway. If it ran at a constant 30FPS it wouldn't bother me so much, but it dips down quite a bit and when it does drop below 30, it's very obvious and is hard to look past. Then again I have been playing PC games at 60 FPS for years, and just recently jumped on the 120 Hz w/ lightboost at 120FPS bandwagon, so obviously it's impossible to compare to a console. Before everyone bashes me for trying to compare a PC to console - all i'm trying to point out is it's hard to drop down to 30 FPS when you've been playing at 60+ for years.

That being said, the game is a lot of fun and I will be buying for PC as soon as it comes out, even if I can't get 120 FPS out of it. I don't think the graphics are bad at all and the gameplay is what has me sold.

I guess I am a few days behind. I know Gavin was talking about his on the RT podcast monday night. He was trying for 50 ways. I guess he decided to just stop at the 35 he had that night and release them. For those that don't normally follow their stuff, they have a lot of good / funny videos.

I guess I am a few days behind. I know Gavin was talking about his on the RT podcast monday night. He was trying for 50 ways. I guess he decided to just stop at the 35 he had that night and release them. For those that don't normally follow their stuff, they have a lot of good / funny videos.

Their Let's Plays are fantastic entertainment, as well as the VS videos. And Michael's Rage Quits touch the heart of every gamer.

Grand Theft Auto IV on a PC?

That's a terrible comparison, for one GTA V isn't on the PC, and the video is from a 6 year old console, of course it's not going to look as good. Certainly has more colour depth than grey, and mud tones that GTA IV has.

"Hit by a car that's been hit by a plane" had me rolling. :p

That's a terrible comparison, for one GTA V isn't on the PC, and the video is from a 6 year old console, of course it's not going to look as good. Certainly has more colour depth than grey, and mud tones that GTA IV has.

It's a perfectly good example. I said it looks like shit and he asked compared to what. It does look like shit compared to GTA 4 on PC.

Make excuses for the consoles being old. It consoles' fault that games are being held back graphically.

Now on the other hand - shitty graphics does not mean the game can't be FUN which is more important. Why do we have to put up with shit graphics in 2013 though?

I think the graphics are irrelevant, performance issues with this game are what really ruins it for me.

Wait, you can kill yourself by running into a wall? I have to try this out in real life (runs out front door looking for a wall)

Back