GTA Online Causing GTA 5 Glitches And Save File Issues

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are still playing through GTA V's story mode, you might want to hold off on GTA Online for a bit. Then again, that should be easy considering how hard it is to even get online to play GTA Online. ;)

A Joystiq tipster writes in with word that their single-player campaign save file was erased following patch installation, ending a playthrough at around 70 percent completion. NeoGAF and Rockstar Support users confirm similar glitches, reporting missing weapons, unresponsive character switching, and an inability to progress in story mode.

$266 million spent with very little QA. Console guys get to Beta test that shit so the PC release goes smoothly.

Given how aggressively people have to be trying over and over to successfully get in, and given that Rockstar set it up so you go in and out of single player as you attempt to go into the online mode, I would speculate that the glitches are occurring from a combination of too many save-game rewrites (this happens every time you attempt to go into online) with some people's lack of "proper" (in-hideout) game saves.

Without claiming to be an expert certain of what is going wrong, I would advise that anyone trying repeatedly to get into the online game first make a hideout save (or two), then leave the hideout and do a separate "quick save" from the cell phone. I would bet that the saves being corrupted are those quick saves.

I'm confused as to why I'm constantly hearing about rich companies with vast resources that keep releasing FUCKED UP products.

GTA Online and ObamaCare jousting for the most fucked-up launch of the day.

online was shaky at first yesterday, but I had a Blast after some initial hiccups.

Back