Man Caught Intentionally Cheating YouTube...After 5 Months

HardOCP News

[H] News
Want to know what is really sad about this story? You know for a fact that, if you or I tried some crap like this, we'd end up busted in a day.

I cheated YouTube for 5 months and finally got caught. After more than five months, $500 spent, and more than half a million views, YouTube has finally deleted the video that I blatantly juiced with fake views all winter.

I bet this is how Justin Bieber became famous. He's fucking awful, but probably started with juiced views

Seems like a grand waste of time that proves nothing.

1. Fraudulent virality is pretty empty. It will still result in very few word-of-mouth hits. Fake exposure is not real exposure.

2. He says he made less than $1 through AdSense. And I have to ask, why would any business worry about that?

3. I feel like he didn't actually "cheat" anything, since it gave him pretty much 0 gain on any sort of level.

It sounds like an unknown author buying his own books:eek:

lol now people "juice" views. Can we not come up with a better more relevant term?

Hidden in that article is the fact that SONY was doing this as well early this year. One more piece of evidence that nothing has changed over at SONY. Keep that in mind PS4 fans claiming MS is all set out to screw you over.

Do people really care about the number of views on a video? I really never pay it any attention. Not really sure what buying views accomplishes other than proving the whole "fool and his money" thing.

Yeah SONY and pretty much every other music company does it. Just like SONY and every other movie company write fake reviews on Amazon and other sites. Business as usual. And all business are out to screw people over. MS was just stupidly obvious about it.

high number of views make the video seem popular, so you're more likely to click.

fake clicks beget real clicks

I think it Youtube worked fine.. They waited until the person wasted 500$, and made 1$ back.. I think that is more discouraging than getting it knock down fast.

Seems like a grand waste of time that proves nothing.

1. Fraudulent virality is pretty empty. It will still result in very few word-of-mouth hits. Fake exposure is not real exposure.

2. He says he made less than $1 through AdSense. And I have to ask, why would any business worry about that?

3. I feel like he didn't actually "cheat" anything, since it gave him pretty much 0 gain on any sort of level.

Yeah that was my thought as well, unless those who actually watch the video spread the word it's all for nothing.

Hell, it seems to me that spamming forums with the link to the video would be more effective, not that I support spamming forums, without making it look like spam of course, but if your going to game the system shouldn't you try for more real views instead of hoping that fake views bring you a few real views?

high number of views make the video seem popular, so you're more likely to click.

Actually I would counter that the story shows the exact opposite, according to the story he bought 505,000 false views, and after five more months he only had 505,791 views, 17 comments, 18 likes, and 22 dislikes.

So despite spending $500 he had less then 800 views over more then 5 months, shit he could have simply made posted a video of a hot girl in skimpy clothes and got far more views then that in the same time period.

500,000 fake views may not have been enough for him to get to the first page of results/related video lists. I think if he had enough views to get to the top of those lists then they could have had the potential to generate a lot more real views. But if you're not on those lists then it doesn't matter how many views you have: 1 or 1 less than the bottom of the list - which could be a hole lot depending on the content of your video.

opposite for me,i try to avoid any of the youtube "stars" videos because they are ususally full of advertisement and them begging you to like,comment,subscribe. I dont give a shit how many views the video has,or do i care about commenting or liking or subbing to your shitty channel. I just want to watch a video.

So he spent 5 months of his time, $500 of his money, to "cheat" youtube out of $1.

I think he needs to rethink his definition of "cheat".

Back