GTA Made Man Steal Truck, Ram 9 Cars

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'm telling you, these damn video games are the root of all evil! Personally, if I wanted to "see what it was really like to play GTA" I would've just bought a copy of the game. Duh. ;)

During questioning Burgess allegedly told an officer that he “wanted to see what it was really like to play the video game Grand Theft Auto.”

Sounds like a bit of a self-absorb psychopath that would have done it for fun for any reason. GTA was just an excuse but if GTA didn't exist he probably would have gone with 'Fast n Furious' movies.

Too bad that the politicians are cutting the mental healthcare budgets with left hand and removing citizens rights with the other when insane people rampage the streets. Everyone suffers for the insanity of one. Hey, that sounds a lot like politics by the way.

Too bad that the politicians are cutting the mental healthcare budgets with left hand and removing citizens rights with the other when insane people rampage the streets. Everyone suffers for the insanity of one. Hey, that sounds a lot like politics by the way.

I would bet you $1,000 that he got high off something and decided this was a good idea. I don't know what type of mental health center he would need other than a swift kick in the ass. :)

Ok, that is about the worst thing i've seen all day and it's only 7:36am.

Blaming anyone or anything but himself is always an excuse used by pathetic losers. We could rid the world of all violent video games, fast food, guns, knives, explosions, make it such that our only entertainment was tom and jerry cartoons -- and people like this would still do stupid stuff and blame it on a harmless cartoon.

Did some reading on that krokadile crap -- you have to be insane in the first place to inject anything containing gasoline and paint thinner into your body. With all of the messed up crap happening in the world, I like to imagine someday in the future it will be socially acceptable to say "no", we won't put up with this kind of crap, and just remove these people from society.

With all of the messed up crap happening in the world, I like to imagine someday in the future it will be socially acceptable to say "no", we won't put up with this kind of crap, and just remove these people from society.

It will happen one day, but hardly right now.

In the meantime, batten down the hatches cause there's some very dark days ahead.

Fortunately dark days never last.

This kid is a dumbass and deserves whatever happens to him. Normal people don't "want to play (insert game here) in real life" - only psychos do.

Perhaps we should be glad he didn't want to play COD in real life.

If I go to an aquarium and drown a screaming child can I say the fish made me do it?

We could rid the world of all violent video games, fast food, guns, knives, explosions, make it such that our only entertainment was tom and jerry cartoons -- and people like this would still do stupid stuff and blame it on a harmless cartoon.

I hate when fast food causes violence and crime!

And I don't know if you quite remember Tom and Jerry cartoons, but they could be rather violent.
Youtube: Tom and Jerry

We could rid the world of all violent video games, fast food, guns, knives, explosions, make it such that our only entertainment was tom and jerry cartoons -- and people like this would still do stupid stuff and blame it on a harmless cartoon.

I just read what I posted, and apparently my reading comprehension sucks at this early time in the morning. Well ignore what I said and enjoy tom and jerry on youtube for a while.

Video Games, Media, etc have just become the latest version of the "Devil Made Me Do IT" defense ... easy to blame something else because the person clearly had no choice in performing the action :rolleyes: ... Stupid people will do stupid things and they will try and blame something else for their own stupidity (that was human nature long before video games ... I am sure that someone tried to blame his crimes on Virgil or Sophocles also ;) ) ... as the saying goes, "We didn't need warnings like 'Do NOT Try This AT Home' when I was growing up because we weren't all MORONS" :D

Another fucking idiot pushing the blame on a video game rather than blaming himself. What a fucked up society we live in.

Back