IOS 7 Is Reportedly Making People Sick

HardOCP News

[H] News
iOS 7 is making people sick? And here we thought it was just the iPhone in general that made people nauseous. :D

Maybe Apple should bundle some air sickness bags with every iOS device sold. A thread on Apple's support forums has users loudly complaining that the animation effects in the new OS are making them sick--like physically, I'm-going-to-puke sick.

o_O

People can get motion sickness from this?

I cannot think how that's possible. The multi-tasking screen is swiping left and right is no different than swiping from screen to the next.

And, the animated backgrounds can be switched for static ones if one chooses to do so.

o_O

People can get motion sickness from this?
Sure. The parallax effects used in gaming (large changes, like quickly moving foreground) have caused motion sickness for some people in the past. It's been studied many times, but it's interesting that Apple didn't catch it during testing. People have even complained about it in iOS games, so it's not like it's a big surprise.

Its not just the animated, even stationary backgrounds have the slight 3D effect. Looks pretty, but I know some ppl that it would effect very badly...haven't had a chance to show them the neat background effects yet :D

Don't worry, I'm sure apple will decare it a feature and patent it.

iOS7 is certainly brighter than earlier versions lol. Took me a few days to get used to all the white and brighter colors used.

Apple as a company, their activities & business practices make me sick but an OS?

Apple should build an mini-airbag into the iPhone so when the user gets wobbly, it shoots out and hits them in the face, you know, to make them stop staring at the iOS7 screen, you know, the one making them sick. :D

Hey at least it forces people to look up or away from the phone rather than gluing their eyeballs to it. Too many people stare at their phones while walking, oblivious to their surroundings.

iOS7 is just the first step. The radiation from it is altering your DNA and making you nauseous.
iOS8 is the one that will actually turn the users into Zombies.

... but it's interesting that Apple didn't catch it during testing.

Or Apple just told the testers who complained that they were looking at the screen wrong.

iOS 7 is making people sick? And here we thought it was just the iPhone in general that made people nauseous. :D

iOS7 is just the first step. The radiation from it is altering your DNA and making you nauseous.
iOS8 is the one that will actually turn the users into Zombies.

If you were nauseous, it would mean you make other people sick.

Nauseated means you are sick.

I can understand how iStuff users could be nauseous, but the correct term here would be nauseated.

I don't know what people are talking about, but I'm pissed off as hell that:
1) It screwed up two of my favorite apps, including Air Playit so now I can't stream my TV shows to my iPad.
2) They don't even let you revert back... WHY!?!?!? I had no idea this couldn't be undone.

If you were nauseous, it would mean you make other people sick.

Nauseated means you are sick.

I can understand how iStuff users could be nauseous, but the correct term here would be nauseated.

"Grammar Police make me nauseous."

That is correct usage. ;)

"Grammar Police make me nauseous."

That is correct usage. ;)

nice.

So grammar police make you sickening to others. Hrmmm.

The whole nauseous vs nauseated thing is one of my pet peeves.

The only other thing I usually go off about in regards to grammar is people making huge posts with no puctuation or line breaks between thoughts.

But we all know apple will just say "here have a free puke bag... your holding it wrong"

Android and Windows phone users don't have to worry about getting sick from eye candy - as they have none and are too busy running antivirus scans on their infected POSes lol.

nice.

So grammar police make you sickening to others. Hrmmm.

The whole nauseous vs nauseated thing is one of my pet peeves.

The only other thing I usually go off about in regards to grammar is people making huge posts with no puctuation or line breaks between thoughts.

I looked it up. You owe me .002 cents worth of electricity, Can you pay me in Bitcoins?

Yes this is the same country that once defeated Nazis, now relegated to vomiting over cell phones.

Sure. The parallax effects used in gaming (large changes, like quickly moving foreground) have caused motion sickness for some people in the past. It's been studied many times, but it's interesting that Apple didn't catch it during testing. People have even complained about it in iOS games, so it's not like it's a big surprise.

A friend of my Dad's lost her eye many years ago, so she only has one (a patch on the other, Arrrrgggg!). Back in the day, when my Dad was playing Decent 3 on his computer, she tried watching and got really sick. All the movement, she got vertigo and then just got motion sickness and ended up puking.

Some iOS games should cause seizures, they are so flashy. Surprised there wasn't a warning on that.

Android and Windows phone users don't have to worry about getting sick from eye candy - as they have none and are too busy running antivirus scans on their infected POSes lol.

Sorry don't see the LoL as i am not doing that myself..

Back