Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Full Tower Case Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Full Tower Case Review - Bigger is always better and Corair stays true to the cliche with its Obsidian Sereies 750D Full Tower computer case. It has room for just about anything you might want to put in it and does so with a very simple yet elegant refined look. Let's see if it brings value to the system builder and is worth your hard earned money.

Great review.
Nice case.
The only gripe I have is the side panels are secured with thumbscrews rather than release mechanisms like the 800D or even the 600T.
Also those holes in the back for hoses should be open and have grommets.:D

That was mentioned in the article's conclusion:
The pass-through holes for external watercooling have metal plugs that, once removed, leave big holes in the back of the case. Standard holes with rubber grommets would have been a better choice.

Thanks for the review guys. Over the next two months I'm building a BF4 Hex-core i7 rig and a 650D was looking good even if its thermal performance wasn't the best with the side window. The price difference so close to it looks like I'll be taking the 750D instead. I wonder if corsair will release a fan mesh side panel as they did with the 650D...
Steve/Kyle, your Amazon link goes to the page for the 650D, not 750D. Just an FYI

Thanks for the review guys. Over the next two months I'm building a BF4 Hex-core i7 rig and a 650D was looking good even if its thermal performance wasn't the best with the side window. The price difference so close to it looks like I'll be taking the 750D instead. I wonder if corsair will release a fan mesh side panel as they did with the 650D...
Steve/Kyle, your Amazon link goes to the page for the 650D, not 750D. Just an FYI

I didnt see it mentioned, but most of the Corsair windows are bolted on from inside and are really easy to remove.
You could either mod the plexi, like cutting some holes and mounting some fans, or replace the window with some mesh and easily mount fans on the inside. Mesh is easy to find in all kinds of thickness and hole patterns.

I did it with my 600T and my 800D, piece of cake.

I really like the looks and style of the Corsair 750D. Seems to be a basic yet well designed chassis. If I didn't already have a chassis in-progress I'd definitely purchase one to use for my primary rig. Anyways, thanks for the review, [H]. :)

Great Review. I've got a 700D I picked up a few years ago, and I've never had a problem with it. It really is a joy to build in. The case is big and roomy, and a while not silent, it is not usually noticeable. It also does a decent job of looking like the monolith from 2001 in my office.

I'm not finished yet, but this thing is a beauty.
Still need to pick up an h100i, possibly a 2nd gpu, and a new psu + individually braided cables.

the only minor cons i have is:
1) where the psu would lay, i would prefer if there is some type of rubber or cushion for the psu to rest, instead of on the bare case itself.
2) if corsair provided an extra three 120mm fans for the top
3) provided dust filters for the bottom front of the case for two additional fans.
4) and of course... this is the problem with all the 900/750/300D... the front bays looks disgusting if you were to put an optical drive or something.

but other than these minor cons, the case is a keeper. unfortunately, the case i was shipped from amazon, the hdd mounting brackets pressed up against my clear panel window (from the inside) and scratched it up a bit.. T__T

n5wGf57.jpg

Last edited:
Great review.
Nice case.
The only gripe I have is the side panels are secured with thumbscrews rather than release mechanisms like the 800D or even the 600T.

yuck, i absolutely hated the release mechanism that is featured on the 600T. it destroys the uniform beauty of the design, and takes up space for more possible window space, which frankly is the main reason why I never picked up a 600T.

Have you guys considered adding a CLC like the H100i to your test bed to use on cases that support a 240mm rad? Cases like the 750D are built specifically with watercooling in mind and it would be beneficial I think to see if some cases offer better temps with the most popular H100i than others based on their air flow.

I didnt see it mentioned, but most of the Corsair windows are bolted on from inside and are really easy to remove.
You could either mod the plexi, like cutting some holes and mounting some fans, or replace the window with some mesh and easily mount fans on the inside. Mesh is easy to find in all kinds of thickness and hole patterns. I did it with my 600T and my 800D, piece of cake.

I've never modded a case, let alone would I think of touching a new one. But the look of the optional 650D panel didn't tickle me right so if airflow isn't good than that is exactly what I'll do. Long as I can line up say a nice 140mm fan so it doesn't ruin my view of the inside I'll be a happy camper.
Sigh, I love the moving target that is the "perfect" pc build.

Have you guys considered adding a CLC like the H100i to your test bed to use on cases that support a 240mm rad? Cases like the 750D are built specifically with watercooling in mind and it would be beneficial I think to see if some cases offer better temps with the most popular H100i than others based on their air flow.

Page 5 covers this.

We use the Corsair H100, Tt Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme for our 240mm (2x 120mm) fitment tests and the Corsair H110 for our 280mm (2x 140mm) tests.

This picture and this picture both show the H110 installed.

We install (or attempt to) the following watercooling units in every review:

Antec KÜHLER H2O 620, Antec KÜHLER H2O 920, Corsair Hydro H80, Corsair Hydro H90, Silverstone TD03 and NZXT Kraken X40, Corsair Hydro H100, Corsair Hydro H110, Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme, Swiftech MCR220 XP, Swiftech MCR320 XP and the Black Ice Xtreme II.

I hope that answers your question sir! :)

Yeah I seen the compatibility tests but I meant actually test the CPU temps with the H100i in the 750D as well as the Silver Arrow so we could see a comparison between air cooling and the popular CLC units in the case.

My only concern was that both of the front fans are covered up, but judging by the temps it doesn't seem to be an issue.

just installed the h100i in my 750d... just waiting for my other fans to ship so i can run it in push/pull.

hmm got a h100i on push/pull with the 750d, with stock fans idling at 38c... with a 2600k OC at 4.5ghz (never tried any higher because i like things to end with a 5 or 0 lol) at 1.35v

I love this case... been very happy with it and many of the complaints people have had are very true. using screws instead of latches is a major disappointment especially at its price point.

It is funny (not really) that my 550d's have the nice latches and my 750d has the screws. You don't really realize how nice the latches are until you have to go back to screws, lol. But, whatev. Cleaning is pretty much the only time I get in there any way - unless I'm adding cool new toys inside of it. :)

It is funny (not really) that my 550d's have the nice latches and my 750d has the screws. You don't really realize how nice the latches are until you have to go back to screws, lol. But, whatev. Cleaning is pretty much the only time I get in there any way - unless I'm adding cool new toys inside of it. :)

I went from a 600T to the 750D and the latches is THE thing I miss most. I also don't like how easily the rear panel will bow out if you try to stuff to much cables behind the MB tray.

i bought this case 2 weeks and waiting for all my wc parts to come before i start a build. its a decent sized case.

Does anyone know if you can buy more of the drive cages to mount in this case? Are they the same as the ones for a different model?

Corsair still doesn't seem to have a section for the 750D under their case parts page.

Does anyone know if you can buy more of the drive cages to mount in this case? Are they the same as the ones for a different model?

Corsair still doesn't seem to have a section for the 750D under their case parts page.

600T and 650D cage is the same.

i might have an extra cage for sale if you want.. ?

What happened to these all of a sudden? They just vanished. After dealing with what seems to be the universally defective Fractal XL R2, I'm between this and NZXT 530/630 cases. Maybe FT02, but talk about a price differential.

i might have an extra cage for sale if you want.. ?

Haven't made a purchase yet, but I think I'll be ok as if I buy, I may end up buying two.

the only minor cons i have is:
1) where the psu would lay, i would prefer if there is some type of rubber or cushion for the psu to rest, instead of on the bare case itself.
2) if corsair provided an extra three 120mm fans for the top
3) provided dust filters for the bottom front of the case for two additional fans.
4) and of course... this is the problem with all the 900/750/300D... the front bays looks disgusting if you were to put an optical drive or something.

I hear you on that, I got this case for dirt cheap $80.00! I saving it for another build.

Thanx on the list.

1- I will add some rubber to that.
2- Glad I purchase a few Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Twin Pack's
3- I will measure that bottom part & get a custom magnetic filter like the top.
4- I know what you mean, I hate that myself.

So, if you install 2 extra drive cages, you could have 4 SSDs + 12 regular drives?

Back