SilverStone Temjin TJ04-E Evolution Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
The gang at OCIA have the SilverStone Temjin TJ04-E Evolution strapped to the test bench today for a little review action.

What might arguably be considered a Lian-Li PC6/7 lookalike, the SilverStone TJ04/E has a similar clean and understated appearance that is sure to appeal to a wide audience. Quite a lot has changed in the PC world in the last decade so one must wonder, has SilverStone's venerable Temjin case undergone a true evolution to keep pace?

Looks classy and well built, but I just can't go back to a case where the drives don't mount sideways. I don't want to squeeze my hands behind long video cards, disconnect 4 drives and swing out a cage, just to swap one drive.

Looks classy and well built, but I just can't go back to a case where the drives don't mount sideways. I don't want to squeeze my hands behind long video cards, disconnect 4 drives and swing out a cage, just to swap one drive.

I agree..The non 90 degree drive mounts have (mostly) went the way of the Dodo Bird for good reason!

Actually mounting drives sideways forces the drive cage to also become a major obstacle for airflow traveling from the front intake. So from cooling performance and noise perspective, it isn't a better design. But we do it as well on some of our other case model as everyone has different priorities!

Back