Strip Club Sues Oracle Over $33k Unpaid Tab

HardOCP News

[H] News
Hang on, the company's CEO can buy whole islands but Oracle can't pay its tab for strippers? :(

According to the lawsuit, the employee used his Oracle-issued American Express card to charge $16,490 in unspecified "services" at the New Century Theater on Larkin Street during the wee hours of Oct. 2 during last year's Oracle OpenWorld fest. It must have been some party, because the employee returned two nights later and rang up another $17,050 in charges.

Lovely.
And the people classified as "nerds" by everyone else wonder why they're stereotyped as undersexed geeks.

Went there for a bachelor party... although we didn't go for the 'champagne room" treatment with the $1000 bottles of moderately ok stuff.

http://www.newcenturysf.com/thegarden.html

I thought strip clubs were supposed to have hot girls.

I know right. Those girls look so plain.

UgSYWeY.gif

If the company trusted him with a card, cover the charges. Then fire the employee and file charges to recoup the charges. Its not the clubs fault. Maybe everyplace that accepts plastic should refuse company cards instead?...

Either Jose Manuel Gomez Sanchez no longer has a job or he knows things about Larry Ellison that no one should know. That's the only explanation for someone acting like this.

If the company trusted him with a card, cover the charges. Then fire the employee and file charges to recoup the charges. Its not the clubs fault. Maybe everyplace that accepts plastic should refuse company cards instead?...

A lot of the huge tabs come on business credit cards.

Those Execs know how to make it rain! Those sista's at New Century know how to put the ill na na in service.

It could be fraudulent charges easily. Or it is some employee who will soon not be an employee there ;)

It does not take long to run up charges at some strip clubs. If this guy took 10 or 15 people "out on the town", I could see where those charges came from. The other explanation is that they went there and someone at the club ran up his card. Either way I am sure that Oracle is not too thrilled about them being in the news involved with a strip club. I could care less what they do when they go out. I have been to my share of said clubs.;)

The article says it's on his credit card.... soooo... unless they did a chargeback - why is there a lawsuit?

Either Jose Manuel Gomez Sanchez no longer has a job or he knows things about Larry Ellison that no one should know. That's the only explanation for someone acting like this.

What kind of made up name is Jose Manuel Gomez Sanchez anyway?

Yeah the amount of revenue they would lose...

My point.. all companies that accept credit cards needs to be able to trust the system. While its not the club or amex/oracles fault until its resolved the company left holding the bag should t be the smaller one.

Agree with the first part.

A lot of the huge tabs come on business credit cards.

This is the problem with the second. When it comes to sales people for instance you'd be surprised what kind of stuff goes on the company cards to treat clients.

There are company credit cards and then their are company credit cards that are in the employee's name and the employee is responsible for paying. It would have been helpful to know which type of card this was because if it was in fact the later then the club is going to be stuck chasing Jose Manuel Gomez Sanchez and Oracle will not be on the hook for it.

Prob fraud charges they put on the card. I know I learned my lesson years back using a credit card at a strip club.

When it comes to sales people for instance you'd be surprised what kind of stuff goes on the company cards to treat clients.

This. For our company we have a little leeway for sales folks to treat customers to stuff. However, a strip club is a definitely a no-no. Haha

For a while we had a "No Alcohol" policy and the sales folks saw their service contract renewals drop as well as new sales leads... That policy quickly got turned around and is now "Reasonable Alcohol"...

This. For our company we have a little leeway for sales folks to treat customers to stuff. However, a strip club is a definitely a no-no. Haha

For a while we had a "No Alcohol" policy and the sales folks saw their service contract renewals drop as well as new sales leads... That policy quickly got turned around and is now "Reasonable Alcohol"...

"Reasonable" ha! One of my friends works for a national tech firm and deals with back end. His cisco reseller only knows how to take people for drinks. I'd guess most of his lunch and dinner expenses on his card are for booze. I don't know if he has brought people to a strip club but it wouldn't surprise me. Mind you I don't see him spending 33k on two trips.

Back