BlackBerry To Cut Workforce By 40%?

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks as though BlackBerry's downward spiral continues with rumors that the company is cutting its workforce by 40%. :eek:

BlackBerry may cut up to 40 percent of its workforce, according to The Wall Street Journal. The company will look to cut across different departments and the trimming may occur in different phases, the Journal reported, citing anonymous sources. BlackBerry had 12,700 employees as of March.

Sad to hear. They're probably cutting out everything they can't sell and then selling out after that.

Comon $100 Z10!

The Playbook 32GB was worth my 110 bucks after its price tanked hardcore with sale coupon.

First thing to do to help a company get back on its feet...fire all the not white collars.

That sucks. I mean, Blackberry is pretty obsolete at this point, but I still hate to see that many people lose their jobs in this economy :(.

Their current business model is dead. They need to make some big changes fast.

Getting ready for purchase by Microsoft.

Apple, and MS are probably the most likely choices. I am hoping apple because their enterprise management products for mobile devices suck. Buying RIM could help massively improve their stuff.

Comon $100 Z10!

The Playbook 32GB was worth my 110 bucks after its price tanked hardcore with sale coupon.

Except unless they unlock the tablet or have a way to keep auth services active, that Playbook is gonna be a brick when Blackberry folds.

that isn't just fat anymore but muscles and bones. Hope it doesn't lead to a permanent downward spiral

Well, they are releasing BBM on Android and iOS this weekend so this is probably part of their transition to becoming a software company (which they should have done a long time ago) ... they may have waited too long to make this switch though

Back