Akasa Venom Medusa CPU Air Cooler Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Akasa Venom Medusa CPU Air Cooler Review - Akasa is a smaller thermal solution company that does have a solid reputation. The Venom Medusa CPU air cooler is a massive unit that promises better cooling with eight high capacity heatpipes, dual 14cm "Viper" fans that promise more airflow, most of all we get promised it is a "Monster of All Extremes." Does it have a place in your next build?

I would like to see the Hyper 212 with dual fans to compare. With no cost information this might be a great unit but until I see it at my favorite vendor I won't believe it.

I wish these comparisons included the Noctua NH-D14 it has been from what I know the best performing air cooler since it released, however most newer reviews on pretty much all sites are ignoring it, so I don't know how these newer coolers stack up

i've owned the d-14 since new.it's the best air cooler period.not to mention its a ripoff of the d-14 wow.i mean if your gonna compare it to different coolers at least compare it to the cooler it ripped off.

A nitpick: on page 3 you say 'since we are dealing with water cooling' when it's an air cooler. Anyway, an interesting and useful review; thank you.

Looks good, although I don't see the reason to get a slightly more expensive/slightly louder clone of the Noctua NH-D14.

EDIT: Strike the cheaper part - I forgot that I strapped an additional 120mm fan to the back side of my NH-D14, so they are roughly the same price. Also, the other posters have a point - we really should see some comparable numbers for other similar coolers.

Back