Icahn Gives Up Fight To Win Control Of Dell

HardOCP News

[H] News
Has Carl Icahn ever seen a company he didn't want to control? Hell, this guy's middle name is "proxy fight." :rolleyes:

Carl Icahn is throwing in the towel in his effort to wrest control of Dell. In an open letter to Dell stockholders published by the Securities and Exchange Commission on Monday, Icahn said he determined that it would be "almost impossible" to win against the offer by Michael Dell and Silver Lake to purchase the company and take it private.

He largely did what he wanted to do, raising the amount of money he would have been paid, just not as much as he would like. Either way he was going to gain. By losing he got $15 million instead of 10. By winning sure he would have gotten a company that still has a lot of free cash flow. It was all a calculated risk.

He largely did what he wanted to do, raising the amount of money he would have been paid, just not as much as he would like. Either way he was going to gain. By losing he got $15 million instead of 10. By winning sure he would have gotten a company that still has a lot of free cash flow. It was all a calculated risk.

This ^^

I completely agree and wish that it wasn't all just about the Benjamins. Hopefully Dell is able to turn around his company once he has full control again.

I'd like to see Dell back again, I can't remember the last time I even considered buying an OEM for anyone.

Back