The US Government Has Betrayed The Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardOCP News

[H] News
Screw it, why don't we just scrap the whole thing and start over. What's the hold up? Let's get started. :p

By subverting the internet at every level to make it a vast, multi-layered and robust surveillance platform, the NSA has undermined a fundamental social contract. The companies that build and manage our internet infrastructure, the companies that create and sell us our hardware and software, or the companies that host our data: we can no longer trust them to be ethical internet stewards.

Hey, I know I can trust the government to do the right thing, Just ask the Indians!

Plenty of taxpayer money to spy on the world, no money to repair crumbling roads and bridges :mad:

You mean Native American.

Idians come from India.

And Native Americans came from Siberia. Your point being?

I never trust any data that goes on the Internet. I always thought that it was insecure in some ways...

Although, I never thought it would be government that was spying on things, mostly other countries and entities.

I blame idiotic American Populous. You guys voted for the morons now we all have to live with it.

I never trust any data that goes on the Internet. I always thought that it was insecure in some ways...

Although, I never thought it would be government that was spying on things, mostly other countries and entities.

Actually their no concrete evidence that Native Americans came from Siberia. Its all Theories.

I can also claim that all Human beings came from Africa. So technically we are all Africans.

The point is that Indians come from India. The name was incorrectly assigned by European explorers which thought they were in India whilst searching for a passage to India.

If you want to be technical most Americans are descendants of Anglo Saxon Breeding which are descendants of Africans. Any way its no like my race killed 60 million Native North Americans.

Would you like some more PCness thrown at you?

Any way its no like my race killed 60 million Native North Americans.

Your race? race had nothing to do with it. Haves and have nots had everything to do with it. It always does. He thinks it's about race.

Plenty of those Native Americans were having a grand old time killing each other long before any ships arrived from Europe.

And what does that have to do with this shit now anyway?

I wonder if he thinks it would have turned out any different if it had been the Japanese or Chinese who decided to settle North America?

What do you guys say? Would the Chinese or the Japanses just turned around and gone home, "Ohh my, looks like somebody's home".

Your race? race had nothing to do with it. Haves and have nots had everything to do with it. It always does. He thinks it's about race.

Plenty of those Native Americans were having a grand old time killing each other long before any ships arrived from Europe.

Nothing I was answering a PC post with a PC post..

I frankly don't care about USA I am sure your going to kill/imprison your own people any way. Oh wait you already do that. I find a lot of entertainment in seeing your own government and people destroy your own country with stupidity.. I love the Congress, Long live the Congress. What I find extremely amusing is your two political parties. Then of course your president that has allowed and encouraged all of this. Go Obama!

This isn't just something the US Government does (spy on Internet traffic), and in fact they probably aren't even the worst offender. I'm sure places like China and Iran have their claws even deeper into their citizen's data. Did anybody really think that all those servers, routers, and switches were free and secure?

Welcome to Amerika.

Also..

Fuck you The Guardian Website I see at least 15 trackers on that website LOL.

Kettle = Black

This isn't just something the US Government does (spy on Internet traffic), and in fact they probably aren't even the worst offender. I'm sure places like China and Iran have their claws even deeper into their citizen's data. Did anybody really think that all those servers, routers, and switches were free and secure?

We expect it from those Countries and would be fools to think they are not. Which is why the NSA will probably stay fully funded..

No win situation?

The things is that NSA is much worse because NSA spies on the world and is probably the only entity on earth funded enough to do so.

Drawing a comparison between what the US Government is allowed to do and what the Chinese and Iranians do is ridiculous.

Here in the US of A we have a Constitution that prohibits what the NSA is doing. In China and Iran they do not.

I wonder if he thinks it would have turned out any different if it had been the Japanese or Chinese who decided to settle North America?

What do you guys say? Would the Chinese or the Japanses just turned around and gone home, "Ohh my, looks like somebody's home".
Probably not, but at least the food would have been better -- Szechuan or Sushi. mmmmm

Actually their no concrete evidence that Native Americans came from Siberia. Its all Theories.

I can also claim that all Human beings came from Africa. So technically we are all Africans.

The point is that Indians come from India. The name was incorrectly assigned by European explorers which thought they were in India whilst searching for a passage to India.

If you want to be technical most Americans are descendants of Anglo Saxon Breeding which are descendants of Africans. Any way its no like my race killed 60 million Native North Americans.

Would you like some more PCness thrown at you?

All humans did come from Africa (theoretically, unless you think the Earth is 6000 years old!). I do know that American Indians were misnamed due to Europeans thinking they went around the world and landed in India. They were a bunch of white honkeys, then, too. But, to be technical, we didn't really kill that many. The flu, smallpox and other diseases did most of the work. Although, it seems as time goes on, there is more evidence showing that humans were in N. America earlier than we thought (was 10K years ago, then 12K, then 14K. Pre-Clovis era). Not sure if they'd be considered native or just the first emigrants to the N. American continent.

Here in the US of A we have a Constitution that prohibits what the NSA is doing. In China and Iran they do not.

Where is the NSA mentioned in the constitution? If its the 4th amendment you speak of where does it mention application to information/property that you allow outside your control? I'm not saying you what was done wasn't potentially illegal. But illegal and unconstitutional are different. Has the Supreme Court ruled that the 4th protections extend into the activities the NSA is accused of.

My fault. It was a sidetrack from Indians vs. Native Americans. :) I was just screwing around. Back on topic now. :)

I think it all comes down to the government has too much power and is way to big to control anymore. They do not work for the American people. They are controlling the American people. Not tin foil hat stuff (although, there are a lot of them saying 'told you so!'), but just in general. They seem to reinterpret the constitution to fit their needs and wants, and find loopholes and just hide things in the name of national security.

Where is the NSA mentioned in the constitution? If its the 4th amendment you speak of where does it mention application to information/property that you allow outside your control? I'm not saying you what was done wasn't potentially illegal. But illegal and unconstitutional are different. Has the Supreme Court ruled that the 4th protections extend into the activities the NSA is accused of.

So, if the constitution doesn't mention it, it isn't under it's protection? That's what the US government is doing. It doesn't implicitly say that the NSA is included, so that's why they can do what they are doing. To keep us safe.... They can claim that, but like you said - the Supreme Court has to rule that the 4th protects us from the NSA. Not likely that will happen, though.

Genetically speaking from mitochondrial DNA the Native Americans lineage is from pre-christian Jews.

Nothing I was answering a PC post with a PC post..

I frankly don't care about USA I am sure your going to kill/imprison your own people any way. Oh wait you already do that. I find a lot of entertainment in seeing your own government and people destroy your own country with stupidity.. I love the Congress, Long live the Congress. What I find extremely amusing is your two political parties. Then of course your president that has allowed and encouraged all of this. Go Obama!

THe US government is spying on YOU too.

The things is that NSA is much worse because NSA spies on the world and is probably the only entity on earth funded enough to do so.

Russia, NK, UK, India, Pakistan, Japan, Saudi Arabia and of course good old Israel. They can all do it.
It's not hard to gather a few thousand computer uber nerds together and make stuff happen under one program.

I do know that American Indians were misnamed due to Europeans thinking they went around the world and landed in India.

Because the Europeans were doing what they do best: They make moronic assumptions. I can't believe they had the gall to tell everyone the world was flat when it was well know the Earth was a planet orbiting the sun thousaands of years prior to the 'Eureopean scholars'. (That statement is factually based upon evidence from archaeology)

So, if the constitution doesn't mention it, it isn't under it's protection? That's what the US government is doing. It doesn't implicitly say that the NSA is included, so that's why they can do what they are doing. To keep us safe.... They can claim that, but like you said - the Supreme Court has to rule that the 4th protects us from the NSA. Not likely that will happen, though.

The Constitution is a document that LIMITS our government. Its a list of rules they can and cannot do. Anything NOT explicitly listed is left to the People and the States.

Because the Europeans were doing what they do best: They make moronic assumptions. I can't believe they had the gall to tell everyone the world was flat when it was well know the Earth was a planet orbiting the sun thousaands of years prior to the 'Eureopean scholars'. (That statement is factually based upon evidence from archaeology)

Oy...you're speaking about a time when the Universal Catholic Church and the government were in the same bed together. And bad things tended to happen if you didn't follow whatever pet doctrine of the day was. It wasn't about "moronic assumptions", it was sticking to Church doctrine because the inquisition would have a word for you if you didn't.

The Constitution is a document that LIMITS our government. Its a list of rules they can and cannot do. Anything NOT explicitly listed is left to the People and the States.

So, they can make a new agency and do things because it wasn't listed... Do we need to do this with all new media or transmissions?

That sounds a whole lot like the argument for the 2nd, that the constitution meant muskets and such from the era and does not include modern firearms.

But, it is up to the SC to see if they broke laws or were unconstitutional in what they are doing. Although, after 9/11 and the Patriot Act (among others), I feel that they can skirt the laws fairly easily. It's just a clustercuss that went way too far and they got caught. Now, they are trying to justify it in any way they can.

Genetically speaking from mitochondrial DNA the Native Americans lineage is from pre-christian Jews.

It is not, though some Jews share certain similarities in haplogroup Q-M242. Most First Nation still have the most in common with central Siberian, as far as DNA goes.

Actually its better that this happens now. If enough people get outraged, then the entire thing is going to be done right, it's going to have decent encryption that cannot be subverted easily and it's going to be done end to end. No more spying, no more traffic analysis or traffic shaping or QoS BS. It's all going to get locked away from all the prying eyes and hopefully push us into true anonymous net neutrality by design.

I blame idiotic American Populous. You guys voted for the morons now we all have to live with it.

Hope and Change.

Hope and Change.

Hope and Change........

Hope for Change........

"Brother, can you spare a dime?".

Yay another person who doesnt get how deep this rabbit hole goes.

I'm not condoning the apathy, but it's not like anyone is going to change it. The government is not going to give up its power willingly or just b/c we want them too. I've said all along it's going to an upheaval at this point to change the government. This crap about voting them out is exactly that: crap. When your choice is between corrupt1 and corrupt2, you still lose.

I'm not condoning the apathy, but it's not like anyone is going to change it. The government is not going to give up its power willingly or just b/c we want them too. I've said all along it's going to an upheaval at this point to change the government. This crap about voting them out is exactly that: crap. When your choice is between corrupt1 and corrupt2, you still lose.

This, I both fear and wish it to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back