Xbox One Pre-Order Supply Sold Out

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like pre-order supply of the Xbox One is sold out everywhere. I guess Microsoft and Sony better start cranking up production to meet demand before November gets here.

Retail stores in many markets have run out of Microsoft Corp's Xbox One consoles available for pre-orders, a senior company executive said, ahead of a major clash with Sony Corp's new lower-priced Playstation 4 this November. "We have more pre-orders than any other Xbox console releases in history."

Apparently the people boycotting the Xbox One and or PS4 didn't have as much of an impact as they would like to think. :D

*Disclaimer: this is not meant as a troll post.

Basically, it goes like this: I am going to BOYCOTT the XBON...., what, what is that? Shut up and take my money! :D

I am yet to reserve either console.

Even though I'm a PC gamer I will probably end up with one or both of the consoles...If only for the exclusives and to game with friends/family who are not on PCs

Listen to me, pretending I have time to play games. I doubt I have 5 hours logged in 6 months.

Shit, I think I'm old.

I placed preorders for both the first day they went up. I ended up keeping the PS4 one and dropping the Xbox. Not because I really care about the Kinect or other issues, but I don't see myself forking out money for two consoles and games in the span of a month, when I likely won't have time to really play either. When it comes down to it, more of the people I work with are going PS4 over Xbox this time around so that became my first choice. I'm sure I'll have a XB1 within 6 months though. I really don't get the whole console fanboyism BS (although I do loathe paying for Xbox Live to access basic features).

Even though I'm a PC gamer I will probably end up with one or both of the consoles...If only for the exclusives and to game with friends/family who are not on PCs[/B]

I too am a full grown adult that will, as I do now, own both consoles from Sony & Microsoft. Like you, I am primarily a PC gamer but I keep consoles around (multiples actually) to play exclusives and to keep my teenage son and his friends busy.

....and I'm old too ;)

Even the Wii U "sold out" on pre-orders. It's all marketing. More than likely they had 50 to 100 available total. I remember reading that on the Xbox 360 most of the stores received anywhere from 3-5 total so of course they were "sold out".

I wonder if the preorder deliveries will be affected by the Hynix plant fire? I imagine PS4 will have a greater setback with its GDDR5. (not that I'm on the list, mind you)

I was all fired up to get the Xbone until I found out Killer Instinct was just a nickel-and-dime type of BS and there are no decent kinect games on launch.. I just said fuck it..

I really need to stop trying to get into consoles.. My friends keep buying them so I try to keep in the loop, but im getting dents on my forehead from all the facepalming.. I really just need to stick to wonderful cheap no-BS PC gaming.

Microsoft could have 100k units and Sony 10,000,000 units. That doesn't mean that Microsoft sold more just because they have sold out first.

Wonder how many of these preorders give a shit about the console for themselves vs how many are going to turn to make a quick profit when you can't find the console lil' Jimmy wants for Xmas anywhere except on Ebay for 2x the list price.

You are the worst kind of human.

Nah, the worst ones are the people that, just to start shit, do the whole "and that's why I am buying...<insert the console they were always going to buy>...it is so much better than the <insert console they were never planning to buy>. EVERYONE THAT DISAGREES IS AN IDIOT-STUPID-LAME FANBOY!"

:D

Even the Wii U "sold out" on pre-orders. It's all marketing. More than likely they had 50 to 100 available total. I remember reading that on the Xbox 360 most of the stores received anywhere from 3-5 total so of course they were "sold out".

There are suppose to be at least 1 million or more ready at launch if i recall.

There are suppose to be at least 1 million or more ready at launch if i recall.

and manufacturing channel analysis has shown that XB1 may have a 3:1 stock advantage over the PS4 going into December

Nah, the worst ones are the people that, just to start shit, do the whole "and that's why I am buying...<insert the console they were always going to buy>...it is so much better than the <insert console they were never planning to buy>. EVERYONE THAT DISAGREES IS AN IDIOT-STUPID-LAME FANBOY!"

:D

I don't know. Might be a toss up between those people and the "only a fucking idiot would buy a console. Everyone should only game on a PC" people.

I think I could summarize my excitement as "perhaps games will stop being horrendously limited on the PC due to lowest-common-denominator development".

These consoles just don't seem to have a wow-factor compared to previous big upgrades. I suspect some of it may be due to me being a jaded old man, but even my teenage son shrugs and hasn't asked for either which is interesting. Maybe I just accidentally made a PC gamer out of him...

I'm gonna look for a preorder for one of these and do the super inflated eBay price, screw Xbox one

time to post that one on ebay, thanks for the heads up! :)

This.
I'm sure a large number of these will be up for sale on ebay, with people trying to make a quick buck.

I hope Microsoft dumps so many of them on the market, that the resellers start offering discounts or bundles before Christmas. :)

This.
I'm sure a large number of these will be up for sale on ebay, with people trying to make a quick buck.

I hope Microsoft dumps so many of them on the market, that the resellers start offering discounts or bundles before Christmas. :)

Yup, people who saw the fiasco with the Wii has been trying to get a piece of that pie with any other electronics release. I've heard horror stories but I can't imagine any of these people losing money. I know someone who buys iPhone 3GS' for pennies and sells them on ebay for a good profit.

Even though I'm a PC gamer I will probably end up with one or both of the consoles...If only for the exclusives and to game with friends/family who are not on PCs

Listen to me, pretending I have time to play games. I doubt I have 5 hours logged in 6 months.

Shit, I think I'm old.

Lol same boat.

Shit, I think I'm old.

seconded though in the past 6 i prob gamed less than 60 hours total

I was exhited, then they annonce a couple of games in 720p, then feature cutout from the pc version in a lot of title. And then i didnt give a s/€ lol

early 30s, game about 30-40+ hours a week. I guess I am young if we are gaging how old you are by how little you game.

Most people who say they will boycott something usually don't and are just randomly venting. I admit, I did that a few times in the past myself but I now stick to my guns. And not just in relation to gaming but in general.

The wallet vote counts the most.

It's not a high standard to exceed in their case.

Xbox 360 launched with considerably fewer than a million consoles available and only managed to ship 1.5 million consoles (~400K in November in the US). As a point of comparison PS2 sold 500K on its first day of availability (all sales, Japan only).

As another point of comparison, by the time the Xbox released PS2 had sold 20,000,000 consoles.

I wonder why they aren't giving pre-order numbers? Actually I don't and that is because they're losing badly in that metric with Sony claiming over 1 million pre-orders and that was as of nearly 3 weeks ago before the release date was known.

It's not a high standard to exceed in their case.

Xbox 360 launched with considerably fewer than a million consoles available and only managed to ship 1.5 million consoles (~400K in November in the US). As a point of comparison PS2 sold 500K on its first day of availability (all sales, Japan only).

As another point of comparison, by the time the Xbox released PS2 had sold 20,000,000 consoles.

I wonder why they aren't giving pre-order numbers? Actually I don't and that is because they're losing badly in that metric with Sony claiming over 1 million pre-orders and that was as of nearly 3 weeks ago before the release date was known.

Seriously whats the point of even posting something like this? Unless your a fanboy. Fact of the matter is you have absolutely no proof that sony is outselling microsoft. I am so sick and tired of the moronic assumption heavy posts with absolutely no substance.

The fact is sony oversold themselves in pre orders and even admit that anyone who pre ordered in the past 2 months most likely wont be getting a day one console. And if you ask me thats idiotic. It will turn people off who pre ordered and gaurantees nobody besides those who pre ordered at launch can even get a sniff of one

The fact is sony oversold themselves in pre orders and even admit that anyone who pre ordered in the past 2 months most likely wont be getting a day one console. And if you ask me that is idiotic. It will turn people off who pre ordered and guarantees nobody besides those who pre ordered at launch can even get a sniff of one

You have to wonder if the presales issues are caused by resellers or the marketing team looking for free Xmas PR. Constant news stores about how wonderful a new device is and how everyone wants one.

This reminds me of the laughable "boycott EA" bandwagon, most of whom turn up in players lists right after the game is released. It's not the concept and motivation that the boycott is laughable, but the fact that most of those people have no quams about being hypocrits.

That said, I have five PS4's on preorder from various places and am going to hawk those suckers to poor, whining Jimmy's rich parents like an MF'er. I'll probably hold onto one of them, but I concur with most people saying they are underwhelmed by the consoles this gen: there not even close to as cutting-edge as 360 and PS4 were, or as original as Wii when they came out.

A quick check on the microsoft store shows they're still taking pre-orders, showing a 11/22/2013 release date, so it doesn't quite seem sold out to me.

A quick check on the microsoft store shows they're still taking pre-orders, showing a 11/22/2013 release date, so it doesn't quite seem sold out to me.

Thats because microsoft is allowing additional pre orders but the initial allowance was sold out some time ago, these additional ones wont last much longer

Back