The PS4 Will Feature Kinect-Like Voice Control

HardOCP News

[H] News
Uh oh, prepare yourself for the rush of "the PlayStation Eye makes the PS4 a spying machine too!" comments.

A description of the camera reads "From navigational voice commands to facial recognition, the PlayStation Camera adds incredible innovation to your gaming." "When you add the PlayStation camera into the mix, the pair works together to expand upon system features and enhance your PlayStation 4 experience," Coleman says. "The new stereoscopic lenses track your body movements in games or even recognize your face easier system navigation."

The difference here being that the PlayStation Eye is not even being bundled with the PS4, nor is it always on.

The difference here being that the PlayStation Eye is not even being bundled with the PS4, nor is it always on.

didn't MS just reversed that as well? (the not always on option), personally I find the whole privacy thing stupid (PS4 or xbone), many comments are just using it as a reason to burn the Kinect as well, but what the heck to each his own

I'd rather pay extra for the Kinect than to let Sony try and pass the Eye Toy as a Kinect equivalent. Even though they do similar thing the new Kinect is in a whole different ball park with added functionality. New Eye Toy isn't even equivalent to the previous Kinect.

I'd rather pay extra for the Kinect than to let Sony try and pass the Eye Toy as a Kinect equivalent. Even though they do similar thing the new Kinect is in a whole different ball park with added functionality. New Eye Toy isn't even equivalent to the previous Kinect.

Link to sources?

I had the original eye for the PS3 and that thing had no lag what so ever. Me and my friends would play the Move ping pong game for hours because it was so accurate and had no lag.

The Kinect was a laggy piece of shit that to this date still does not interest me one bit. Are there any good games for it yet?

MS is forcing people to pay an extra $100 for something alot of people don't even want.

And the biggest thing in common is that 99% of gamers dont give a rats ass about either and neither will have any impact on which system folks decide to buy on the whole.

And the biggest thing in common is that 99% of gamers dont give a rats ass about either and neither will have any impact on which system folks decide to buy on the whole.

Except you're paying the extra $100 for the xbox one because the kinect comes with it, and that will impact the buying choice for many people.

Personally, I think the kinect has been the best thing to best innovation to happen to in home gaming. If you think about it user interaction with their consoles have been the same forever. Wii started it all but when you've had a few friends throw their remotes into your TV you tend to shy away from the Wii (an entirely different discussion). Its just a shame to see these large companies steal each others ideas.

Personally, I think the kinect has been the best thing to best innovation to happen to in home gaming. If you think about it user interaction with their consoles have been the same forever. Wii started it all but when you've had a few friends throw their remotes into your TV you tend to shy away from the Wii (an entirely different discussion). Its just a shame to see these large companies steal each others ideas.

Well, what you think isnt reality. Reality is virtually no one cares one little bit about the kinect or kinect2 in their current form. Wii was a fad, that wore off. MS and Sony couldnt emulate the success using similar technology(gimmicks). I'm not saying this isnt a start to more technology down the road relating to camera technology, see the illumiroom tech demo, but right now, id say 99/100 gamers who have a kinect dont use it one bit, nor do they care about the next iteration of the device.

Does the PC have any sort of voice command hardware? I'd really like something like this for my HTPC, seeing as how I've used it on my brother-in-law's 360 before. It's pretty handy.

Back