Google Acquires Smart Watch Maker WIMM Labs

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The smartwatch field is beginning to become crowded of late. Google announced on Friday that the smart watch technology company, WIMM Labs, had been acquired by Google, but declined to elaborate the purpose of the acquisition. It really doesn’t take a Rhodes Scholar to connect the dots. :D

The team, which had released a developer version of its watch technology, is now said to be part of Google’s Android team, sources said.

The only thing I can think I'd want from a smartwatch is a camera to do video calls with on the move... and integrate Google Now into it allowing us to send SMS messages to people, set alarms, etc. Make some more of our sci fi fantasies a reality!

The smartwatch is going to be a colossal waste of time, money, and resources. It's just a fucking stupid idea that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon just because Apple is reportedly working on one. I for one hope Apple made the whole thing up to get other companies go waste their money on it.

Don't know about you but I've been looking for a semi smart watch that can tell me when I have a call/message because I may not always get the notification as my phone is normally on silent/very soft

Smartphone, smart glasses, and now smart watches. Wonder what's next

The smartwatch is going to be a colossal waste of time, money, and resources. It's just a fucking stupid idea that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon just because Apple is reportedly working on one. I for one hope Apple made the whole thing up to get other companies go waste their money on it.

There have been smart watches available before the rumor of Apple working on one.. the world doesn't revolve around them.

I have a WiMM One and love it. I get nearly 100 calls a day on my company cell phone, and to be able to simply look at my watch to see who it is before I press the button on my bluetooth headset is a huge feature for me, otherwise I constantly have to stop what I am doing and take out my phone.

Same with text messages... I can simply look at my watch to see what it says vs take out my phone and unlock it and open the app.

Back