Direct Brain-to-Brain Communication in Humans

The video has a diagram with two PCs and a CLOUD between them so it must be totally awesome and would work really well if most humans had brains to communicate with. :)

We are the Borg. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

<Dr Phil>
So if you can send brain waves to make a girl say yes, is it rape then?
</Dr Phil>

I think it is unimpressive because already we have the most advanced organism to organism communication protocol on the planet, language. Sure, maybe not the most accurate, but its pretty damn fast and the effects can literally change how a persons mind works for the rest of their lives.

Makes sense if you think about it...

We all have brain matter that works near-identically, and we know our brains will readily rewire themselves to accommodate new stimulus or to route around damage.

We're still having some serious trouble building a computer able to directly send and receive usable data from a human brain, but there's no reason another human brain (with the correct uplink) couldn't do it almost naturally.

The tech seen in The Ghost in the Shell inches closer :D

I'm fairly certain a large component of luck was involved here. That and the participants like to wear funny hats...

I think it is unimpressive because already we have the most advanced organism to organism communication protocol on the planet, language. Sure, maybe not the most accurate, but its pretty damn fast and the effects can literally change how a persons mind works for the rest of their lives.

:eek:

You want a guy to just talk to a girl???

ITSP.jpg

Just as long as the girls walking down the street can't suddenly read my thoughts, I'll keep from getting slapped five hundred times a day.

And propositioned twenty.

Well that's going to be tricky when your girlfriend picks up you eying up an attractive girl.

Heh...reminds me a bit of the "sex" scene in Demolition Man...could make an interesting toy though

Back