AMD Radeon Graphics Presents: The Fixer 2

Change to I'll settle for the bacon your moms baking upstairs to i'll be banging your mom upstairs.

I thought it was funny. Better than some others I see. Try too hard? Really? Of course. You think people really do that stuff? It's supposed to be over the top and 'trying too hard'. That's the point.

Did it sell me an AMD card? No. But, I'm not in the market for one, either. It will keep the name in my head, though.

AMD has been pouring a LOT of money into marketing its GPUs, and what do you know, they passed up Nvidia in GPUs sold last quarter. My guess? If AMD has a single brain-cell devoted to good business techniques, we are going to see a LOT more of these types of ads.

Brilliant! I was expecting something else, but this was gold! It's hard to make "sequels" as good as the first, but AMD pulled it off. Mocking those that were hating on the 1st ad? Implying that they were loser trolls, ones that live in their mothers basement as "keyboard warriors" (probably rightly so too)..

And rather others "like" the ad or not, their ads get people talking about AMD, and that there is all successful advertising campaigns are about. Some of the best ads are the ones that cause a "controversy".

Still enjoying my 5870 ... but this got me wondering, has AMD ever figured out the PLP (Portrait Landscape Portrait) configuration? Still want that.

Brilliant! I was expecting something else, but this was gold! It's hard to make "sequels" as good as the first, but AMD pulled it off. Mocking those that were hating on the 1st ad? Implying that they were loser trolls, ones that live in their mothers basement as "keyboard warriors" (probably rightly so too)..

And rather others "like" the ad or not, their ads get people talking about AMD, and that there is all successful advertising campaigns are about. Some of the best ads are the ones that cause a "controversy".

You type that bullshit like you work for AMD.

Otherwise, I didn't quite enjoy it as much as their first advertisement associated with this technique, but I believe it still was enjoyable. I will watch it again, haha!

These videos are one of the few examples out there of something that is so dumb that it is actually fun. I have to admit that as the video progresses, my total WTH response changes.

Some of you haters need to go watch Miley Cyrus's VMA performance. This ad wasn't that bad.

If it happened to me, I would tell him "but Adobe Premiere Pro is performing at less than 1fps when doing a final render on my i7-3930K @ 4.2GHz, pure SSD, 32GB DDR3, AMD 6850, but then magically performs astronomically better when I replace the card with an NVIDIA card!" :p

(no, havent tried that yet :( $$$ )

Implying that they were loser trolls, ones that live in their mothers basement as "keyboard warriors" (probably rightly so too)..

This is how I envisage most folks on tech forums including this one.

Back