Audi Launches Car with Integrated 4G Connectivity

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Audi has laid claim to be the first car manufacturer to integrate 4G Internet connection in a production automobile. The 4G connected vehicles are available now in Europe and next spring in the US .

"The integration of 4G marks a very important step in the evolution of the Audi connect system, which networks the car with the driver and the Internet, and in the future could also provide an interface with the infrastructure and with other vehicles."

I simply get into my car with my 4G Galaxy Nexus.

Owned.

Hell why not...What's one more monthly fee...:rolleyes:

BTW, don't text and drive, its not safe. Feel free to dick with the huge "infotainment" screen in the middle of your dash; much safer...

Better turn than 4G radio off at night lest you wake up to a dead battery in the car. :D

BTW, don't text and drive, its not safe. Feel free to dick with the huge "infotainment" screen in the middle of your dash; much safer...

What do you think about the Tesla Model S with its 17" display in the center area?

This is great, now DARPA research can focus on utilizing the cellphone networks to hack into the ECU's in an Audi. I always thought it was clunky of them to need some kind of direct connection, now Audi has fixed that issue for them by providing a neat little vulnerability wrapped up into a package and sold as a feature set that you need.

Back