Google Proposes Eye-Tracking Ad-Tracking

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The creepy factor in Google Glass just ticked up a few more notches when a Google patent turned up that will track your eye movements for ad-tracking revenue.

A patent, turned up by MarketingLand after it was published by the USPTO suggests the eye-tracker in Glass could be used to measure when users look at advertisements.

They want me to pay $1,500.00 to be tracked and watch ads on a pair of glasses. Get stuffed google.

They want me to pay $1,500.00 to be tracked and watch ads on a pair of glasses. Get stuffed google.

It's not going to cost $1500. It's only $1500 now for developers/first to have it-ers. Projected cost is $299.99. :rolleyes:

If I can have something portable that attaches to my Maui Jim sunglasses and works I'm all for it. as far as generating add revenue from them. Come on if they didn't patent it someone would. We are getting closer and closer to minority report here.

It's not going to cost $1500. It's only $1500 now for developers/first to have it-ers. Projected cost is $299.99. :rolleyes:

I don't care if it is free, only a fool would want glasses that track you and make you watch ads. Luckily for google the world has plenty of gullible fools to go around. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

imagine an underwear with similar tracking mechanism for evaluating pr0n quality

I don't care if it is free, only a fool would want glasses that track you and make you watch ads. Luckily for google the world has plenty of gullible fools to go around. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It doesn't make you watch ads, freaking read that article. It recognizes when you 'gaze' at an ad that's already in the real world, ie you are walking down the road and you see a billboard with Verizon on it. I'm sure this will then try to get you go to their site when you are browsing the web (like google does already). It also says you will probably be able to opt out of it. :rolleyes:

This experiment has Nexus Q written all over it; I can't see this device ever becoming remotely popular. Not only does it look stupid but people don't even like wearing glasses to begin with. In addition to the creep factor, laws and regulations banning it, and advertisements its also wildly expensive for a gadget with only niche real-world applications.

It doesn't make you watch ads, freaking read that article. It recognizes when you 'gaze' at an ad that's already in the real world, ie you are walking down the road and you see a billboard with Verizon on it. I'm sure this will then try to get you go to their site when you are browsing the web (like google does already). It also says you will probably be able to opt out of it. :rolleyes:

You make all this sound like it's a good thing.
I'm sure the NSA love people like you.

It's amazing how someone actually came up with a name as stupid as "MarketingLand" and got it established.

You make all this sound like it's a good thing.
I'm sure the NSA love people like you.

No.

I think the technology behind being able to accurately recognize things around you in real lise as an ad or not is interesting.

I don't want them to waste the batteries in my devices by looking at my eyes just so they can make more money.

I don't really see how this is patentable. I mentioned that the new xbox would likely eye track TV ads that you pass through the xbox one on a quick rant. There's that looker movie too. Seriously.

Back