Photo of Ivy Bridge-E Engineering Sample Surfaces

Part of the arbitrary platform differentiation is the fact that LGA2011 is solder, not TIM.

Out of curiosity, why do people get goo-goo-ga-ga over CPU pics? It really doesn't tell us much.

Out of curiosity, why do people get goo-goo-ga-ga over CPU pics? It really doesn't tell us much.

People get all goofy over unboxing videos and post pictures of their food on social media, so this shouldn't really be a surprise.

That's insulting! I do not care for external CPU pix, but I do care about die pix. Silicon jewelery is sooo pretttyy!

Stll not satisfied, i demand MORE pins
bic-pens.jpg

ask and ye shall receive :p

As long as these chips use tech thats a year old it'll be hard to justify buying into this stuff. Same will happen next year when sata express comes out. But come september of that year the new 2011 chipset won't have sata express. So the cycle continues.

That is not IB-E... the bottom is identical to SB-E.
Sorry.

I really doubt it is IB-E, it says (c)11, copyright 2011, which means one of two things either intel had this chip manufactured in 2011 and is deliberately slowing down progress or its not IB-E

Does the pin output distribute power better? Man I though i was done with that in the P4 era. whatever happened to the mobo having the pins?

Doesn't look legit to me honestly.

@ Cataulin, You like the days of getting the pins bent when laying it down? Or trying to straighten out the pins with a wd-40 straw or mechanical pencil. I don't miss them one bit.

Does the pin output distribute power better? Man I though i was done with that in the P4 era. whatever happened to the mobo having the pins?

Hard to get excited about new CPUs anymore. The performance available is already amazing. Right now $3500 buys sixteen Xeon cores @ 3ghz (turbo), a motherboard, and 64GB of RAM.

What are you talking about? That CPU doesn't have any pins.

Back