NFL's Sunday Ticket Pulled from PlayStation 3

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
For the first time since its inception back in 2011, Sony has announced that its popular PlayStation Sunday Ticket App will no longer be available. Sony would only confirm that the arrangement had come to an end.

IGN said a Sony representative confirmed the end of Sunday Ticket's availability but would not elaborate on the reasons why.

I would guess that MS paid the NFL more $$ from their $1 billion pool of cash to bring it to the XBone. It would be a good strategic move on MS' part especially since you probably have to also buy a live sub to watch it.

I would guess that MS paid the NFL more $$ from their $1 billion pool of cash to bring it to the XBone. It would be a good strategic move on MS' part especially since you probably have to also buy a live sub to watch it.

MS wouldnt have to pay anything, its basically just a full portal of whatever service you pay for already.

Sony lost it more then likely because their contract was up and then the NFL sponsors asked for more money.

Can't have anyone watching out-of-market games without forking over hundreds of dollars.

Doesn't bother me. I get most (if not all) of the Cardinals games on local TV, and with my Slingbox... :3

Doesn't bother me. I get most (if not all) of the Cardinals games on local TV, and with my Slingbox... :3

Would it be a bad thing if you didnt have to suffer thru the terrible team the cards are since the warner era?? ;)

Man that really sucks. I was looking forward to using this since I don't care to get DirecTV and I wont be living in the local viewing area of my favorite team anymore.

Anyone know of any other way to watch NFL games?

It's the greedy crap like this that draws people to piracy. If they would just listen to what people want for once they actually would maintain that stream of revenue. As for this service going away from the PS3, now is it going to be offered on the XBONE?

Man that really sucks. I was looking forward to using this since I don't care to get DirecTV and I wont be living in the local viewing area of my favorite team anymore.

Anyone know of any other way to watch NFL games?

BW3

MS wouldnt have to pay anything, its basically just a full portal of whatever service you pay for already.

Sony lost it more then likely because their contract was up and then the NFL sponsors asked for more money.

This makes no sense... "MS wouldnt have to pay anything" and "Sony lost it more then likely because their contract was up and then the NFL sponsors asked for more money"

So your saying cause Sony wouldnt pay the NFL more they lost this... then the NFL in order to spite Sony just gave it to MS for free.

Also if this is gated to Live Gold... then you would need to pay MS for Gold in order to access a service you already paid the NFL for.

you can get a package for online devices from direct tv in my case im getting it madden 25 as preorder special thru amazon only 99.99 for the game and Sunday ticket for all 17 weeks for phones tablets and computers
t still available last time I checked it comes out on the 27th.

This makes no sense... "MS wouldnt have to pay anything" and "Sony lost it more then likely because their contract was up and then the NFL sponsors asked for more money"

So your saying cause Sony wouldnt pay the NFL more they lost this... then the NFL in order to spite Sony just gave it to MS for free.

Also if this is gated to Live Gold... then you would need to pay MS for Gold in order to access a service you already paid the NFL for.

I'm sorry but did MS pick up a NFL streaming package? no? so yea, MS didn't pay anything.

Xbox One is an extension of your Cable Box/DVR, again MS doesn't pay shit to the NFL to put an overlay over your TV...

Love that this is somehow microsoft's fault apparently everything is microsofts fault. Do people forget that sony can't patch their console for shit half their updates for ps3 and immediately updated after because they end up bricking a few consoles that's probably microsoft's fault as well.

Back