AMD Announces Groundbreaking “Never Settle Forever” Program

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD today announced the arrival of “Never Settle Forever,” the third edition of the award-winning “Never Settle” franchise of game bundles. The “Never Settle Forever” program represents a historic first in the GPU industry by enabling gamers with the power to assemble their own game bundle from an extensive catalog of titles optimized for AMD Radeon™ graphics cards. The bundle underscores AMD’s serious commitment to the Unified Gaming Strategy and its broader philosophy of choice and openness.

With “Never Settle Forever,” the purchase of qualifying AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series GPUs at a participating retailer will invite gamers to join the Radeon™ Bronze, Radeon™ Silver or Radeon™ Gold Reward tiers with a digital or in-box coupon. Starting with the Radeon Bronze Reward, the coupon will empower gamers to select one game from a catalog of six AMD-optimized titles. With a Radeon Silver Reward, the coupon will free gamers to choose any two games from a roster of eight AMD-optimized titles. And with the ultimate coupon, Radeon Gold Reward, gamers may choose any three titles from a stunning roster of nine games.

That's a good incentive when buying an AMD GPU. I really can't complain when games are bundled with hardware.

the only issue I see with the bundles, is that they are aimed at the hardcore gaming crowd, who would likely know that each of those titles (save 1 or 2) can be had for less than $10.

Sure if $25 in free games sways your purchase, good, but it isn't like the previous bundle where bioshock/crysis/blooddragaon was a $75+ value

I don't think it'd sway my purchase of any hardware. The added bonus is just a nice inclusion to getting more bang for the buck. Some people sell their codes, which means they saved even more.

Maybe I can finally pick up a cheap copy of DMC from someone on the forums now lol.

The majority of games they are offering, they have been offering for a long time now. And like stated above the value of the games have decreased a lot from when those games were released. So this never settle offer doesn't seem to hot to me.

If or when they update with some new AAA titles, then it may sway some people, but right now it's not so appealing.

Maybe I can finally pick up a cheap copy of DMC from someone on the forums now lol.

The majority of games they are offering, they have been offering for a long time now. And like stated above the value of the games have decreased a lot from when those games were released. So this never settle offer doesn't seem to hot to me.

If or when they update with some new AAA titles, then it may sway some people, but right now it's not so appealing.

Pretty sure I read somewhere you can save your code for when new games come into the bundle. You aren't limited to just this selection.

I already have all those games offered, however if the Radeon 9950/9970 is as impressive as I hope, then I may have 3 games to give away. Otherwise, I'll just get another GTX670 or CFX my Radeon 7930s......

I already have all those games offered, however if the Radeon 9950/9970 is as impressive as I hope, then I may have 3 games to give away. Otherwise, I'll just get another GTX670 or CFX my Radeon 7930s......

you are forgetting that other games are going to be added to that list. BF4 is a definite one. either we can expect HD 9950 / HD 9970 to launch with BF4 coupons in the retail box or BF4 is added to the list of games in GOLD Rewards tier and HD 9900 cards are added to the GOLD Rewards tier.

I think the Gold reward should be 5 games because if you are purchasing a big ticket item you should get more for free not like its cost AMD anything anyways....

It's a good game (ignore the whinging of the older games fanboys), should check it out given the opportunity. Was cheap as hell during the steam sale.

I wouldn't buy one of their video disasters just because they shoveled free games at me. The best hardware in the world is useless with shit drivers.

If anyone hasn't noticed, while these are good games they are not nearly the value they once were.

As far as I know, several people as in god only knows how many, 1000's? Still have not got their Bioshock keys. Also gone is Crysis 3.

I just bought sleeping dogs for $6 dollars. All those games there are in the 5 ro $30 ranage I think with most being cheap,

On the surface it seems kind of neat. Personally I'd rather just have the cost of the games deducted from the card, and pick up my own games when the go on sale on Steam.

I wouldn't buy one of their video disasters just because they shoveled free games at me. The best hardware in the world is useless with shit drivers.

AMD drivers are pretty good.

I've pretty much never had driver trouble even before the new frame pacing drivers.

I would rather leave v-sync on and enable triple buffering then to have tearing anyways.

The stuttering/runt frames only affected those that played without v-sync from what I have heard.

You would rather have an Nvidia card with drivers that literally cause the card to fry because the fan profile is broken? Or have you forgotten about that?

the "micro" studder they built into cross-fire is just as awesome as the dusty games they offer/bundle

That would be very cool. I hadn't heard that yet.

Here's a quote from their website:

"Finally, hardcore gamers that already own all titles of interest to them can save their coupon up until December 31, 2013 in anticipation for one or more new games that may enter the “Never Settle Forever” program."

I didn't even notice DMC was on the list. You see, I wanted to pretend it doesn't exist, and I believe I will continue to do so.

Well, its a great thing AMD is allowing you to chose your game from a bundle.
Maybe the selection could be a little more robust or newer, but at least you're being given the option to choose.
I have 4 copies of Morrowind (well had,wound up shipping 2 to friends), one purchased collector's edition new and the other 3 came bundled with Nvidia cards I purchased upgrading my pcs.

That being said, I don't look at games as a deciding factor when I purchase gpus, never have, never will. To me its all a big bonus after the fact and I usually already own whatever comes with, so to me the choice is a pretty sweet bonus.

Fucks given: zero.

Three free 6-12 dollar games on a super expensive card?

Sorry I'd prefer the no choice 60$ title that I can sell for more.

don't know why they are calling it Never Settle Forever...that implies that you can choose a game that is not currently out...now that would be cool...either way AMD deserves a lot of props for their Never Settle bundles...lots of excellent, popular games on the list and not just throwaway ones

damn ,getting a card with this, games are pretty old and have been on sale for very little, not exited at all

Back