If Siri Starred In A Movie

Looks interesting. I've always enjoyed Mr. Phoenix. I'll definitely be seeing this when it comes to some format I can rent. :p

I'm surprised it doesn't star a Japanese man. They're all about the robot g/fs.

What a shame to have Scarlet J. hiding behind a voice. She needs to be seen!

This movie looks crazy good! Breaks down what is a meaningful relationship. What does it take to be emotionally satisfied. All of it. Wow... What a truly THOUGHT provoking piece.

I hope somewhere in the movie, Phoenix's character asks his fake g/f, "What are you wearing?"

I feel we are miles away from the damn thing working this well. It can't even understand the difference when my 5 year old daughter (who has a hard time with hard R's) asks it to "show me the timer" and it instead tells her

"The time is now..."
"Would you like me to search the web for 'Show me to Taima"
"Would you like me to search the web for pancakes door water

Laughing ensues from anyone in earshot and the 5 year old asks it knock knock and it's all downhill from there.

Though I do have one problem with this movie. I didn't see any productivity happening. Tsk tsk.

When I heard about it, I dismissed it. But, after watching the trailer, it looks really good. I'll have to check it out.

Reminds me of one of the episodes from Black Mirror where a woman continues her relationship with a digital copy of her now dead husband.

So, pretty interesting actually.

Is this really a movie about some dude literally falling in love with his phone? Or did I miss something?

I got about 40 seconds into this trailer before I started feeling like my brain was melting.

Is this really a movie about some dude literally falling in love with his phone? Or did I miss something?

That sounds about right. Look at how many Apple fans are already in love with their iPad or iPhone, and they don't even sound like Scarlett Johansson.

how long tech wise until we can converse with our computers like that?

I'm surprised it doesn't star a Japanese man. They're all about the robot g/fs.

Japanese make robots that you can fuck.

What is this white american dude going to do? Stick his thingie in his phone's tiny little proprietary charging hole?

funny stuff :D

The AI fulfills his emotional needs, but what about his physical needs? This movie better not overlook or downplay the significance of its role in a real relationship.

I laughed fucking hard

Last year or the year before The Big Bang Theory did a joke episode where Rahj falls in love with his Siri phone.

Now they made a movie out of it.

Admittedly two giant different ends of the spectrum, Comedy vs. Drama, but damn I still laughed.

Well the first scene is him talking to a PC. So its not really a phone so much as an artificial intelligence personal-assistant type system it seems /w an intended built in nice-personality. It's just accessible ala future-cloud like via your cellphone, presumably pc as well, tablet, whatever else they would use in the 'futttureee'.

Feels like an extended version of that episode of "The Big Bang Theory" where Raj was fantasizing about nailing Siri...
I'm telling you, there are no more original ideas out there and we're really hooked into Apple's iMatrix.

To tell you the truth, I have't read the article at all but I felt inclined to tell you that your smile really made my day!

Back