Solar Tent Charges Your Gadgets in the Wild

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you like to camp out and really rough it in the wild without foregoing the creature comforts of home like your tech toys, the Katabatic solar tent offers the perfect camping solution. All you have to do is set up, let the sun go to work, plug and play. :cool:

guaranteed to work through 3 pitch/pack cycles

mark me down as dubious

The idea only works if you tend to have the tent up a long time with the sun up and about. For wandering and pitching tent for the night, this is of course ridiculous. I'm trying to find a kind of use for a tent of this style which makes you have it pitched for an entire day or more... Basecamp use, festivals... I'm out of more ideas...

The idea only works if you tend to have the tent up a long time with the sun up and about. For wandering and pitching tent for the night, this is of course ridiculous. I'm trying to find a kind of use for a tent of this style which makes you have it pitched for an entire day or more... Basecamp use, festivals... I'm out of more ideas...

Light or loaded bicycle touring. I'm def curious.

You must have never been to America, we pitch the tent in our back yard, sometimes we go all the way to the KOA but of coarse they have electricity there. But ya for sure we never move our tent in between days.

Not so clever imo, more for show.
Solar panels are fragile they should be housed in something rigid, tents are fragile.
This tent is unnecessarily expensive, is very likely to get stolen and its too easy to damage.
I can see someone poking a hole in it just for spite.

Much better idea, take a solar panel with you, attach it to the car roof rack or only get it out when you are around.
You can take it with you without having to pack the tent up, its cheaper and you can keep your current tent or get the tent you want instead of limited designs.
All round win.

Your supposed to be one with nature when camping.. Not playing on your smartphone/tablet/computer...

Just stay home if your bringing all that with you rofl!

Seriously way overpriced there are plenty of solar USB chargers with battery packs under $100, why spend $800 on a tent just for that capability...

Sorry, but when I go camping, I don't bring any toys with me. Just me and my camping gear and sometimes a camera to take some pics of the wilderness... Bringing all your gadgets with you kinda beats the purpose of camping. ;)

Back