LED Tetris Tie V2

HardOCP News

[H] News
I think this guy needs to do a Kickstarter to raise money to mass produce this things. :cool: Thanks to AceGoober and Ranma_Sao for the link.

That is neat.

Market demand for a LED tetris tie; 1

Product delivered 1

Ok; lets get on with our lives.

1 I hope he patents his idea before someone steals it.

2 would be awesome if you could actually play it on your phone and it would display over blue tooth.

3 Increase the size just a little so you have more columns, same number as a real board. That board is too narrow.

This is neat and all, but it looks cheesy with hard LED boards. I don't think it's feasible until flexible screens become widely available. Then I think you'll see all sorts of this stuff.

2 would be awesome if you could actually play it on your phone and it would display over blue tooth.

3 Increase the size just a little so you have more columns, same number as a real board. That board is too narrow.

They look like flexible LED strips to me.

This actually needs a profile shot. I get the impression that tie would stick out quite a bit due to it being thick and inflexible. Good for a jacket and tie type party but not without.

Anyone else think someone was holding up a condom with an iphone in it at first glance before playing the video?

1. what would he patent? LED in clothing? That has already been sold on the market, as a result either someone else has the patent, or it is now unpatentable. Anything related to Tetris he can't patent because he doesn't own the rights to Tetris. Automatic game play? Been done before. Now if instead of LEDs he decided to integrate a touch screen, and hope he doesn't go to any sausage fest parties, then he might get a little touchy feely action from the ladies.

3. Yeah but they you have a fat grandpa tie, as it stands he's ballin' like a pimp.

I'd love to go into a job interview with that tie.

Be even better if I could hand the interviewer a controller :cool:

If you walk into my company for an interview with this tie, you will not be hired. This is completely pointless and anyone who actually wants one may want to reexamine their life priorities.

Back