Twitter Copyright Takedowns Up 76%

HardOCP News

[H] News
Who knew Twitter was such a hot bed copyright infringement?

First published on July 2, 2012, our bi-annual Twitter Transparency Report highlights trends in government requests we've received for account information, goverment requests we've received for content removal, and copyright notices (both takedown notices and counter notices) we've received. The report also provides insight into whether or not we take action on these requests.

I'm not a twitter user. My understanding was that only 140 characters can be posted at a time. What hell are they are they doing in 140 characters?!?!?

If I'm interpreting that page right, Twitter is giving the government anything they want relative to we users.
Pretty sure that extends to usernames, passwords, ip addresses.... You know, whatever they feel like taking.
Hey 3 out of 4 on the social networks, time to cover your asses and think before you post!

I'm not a twitter user. My understanding was that only 140 characters can be posted at a time. What hell are they are they doing in 140 characters?!?!?

lol no kidding. Then again, in the government's eyes a URL is just as bad as posting the actual content. So if you post the URL to a torrent or site that has a URL to a torrent it's just like posting the entire content right there.

Back