Facebook Introduces Embedded Posts

HardOCP News

[H] News
Ugh, do we really need Facebook embedded posts?

Today, we're introducing Embedded Posts, a social plugin that lets you easily add public posts from Facebook to your blog or web site. Embedded Posts are a way to put public posts - by a Page or a person on Facebook - into the content of your web site or web page. The Embedded Post will show any media attached to it, as well as the number of likes, shares, and comments that the post has. Embedding posts will let people using your web site see the same rich information that is shown on Facebook.com, and they will enable people to follow or like content authors or Pages directly from the embed.

And the only one that's even slightly compelling (to me anyway) is a ghost town... I'm looking at you Google+

Haven't we already done that for years via OpenGraph and some code?

It doesn't bug me. I mean it makes it easier for a blogger to drop content into their blog without worrying about copyright issues. If you've got an FB page, it can spread the content to a wider audience (though that could also be done with a link, this might be a better method. Or perhaps a link is better, because those that click will go directly to your page and which could lead to more followers.

I'm neutral on this.

Back